oneBoro Forum

Summer 2016 Transfer window

Maybe he'll prefer smog to sheep

Have you ever been to Swansea? It's a hole with more industry than Teesside! Local pubs refuse to serve you if they find you're English.

Have never visited Wales. Off to Cardiff in October to experience it for the first time

Passed my test in Cardiff, good night out I vaguely remember

• Replies 18.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Unfortunately even tho we have the premier league money we will still be fighting it out for a lot of players with different teams and Gibson will have a wage budget or structure in place.

True. We won't be able to compete with Swansea for wages. West Ham owner came out and said they were paying a ridiculous amount for Ayew, 100k plus.

Have you ever been to Swansea? It's a hole with more industry than Teesside! Local pubs refuse to serve you if they find you're English.

Have never visited Wales. Off to Cardiff in October to experience it for the first time

Passed my test in Cardiff, good night out I vaguely remember

Apparently there's a Coyote Ugly bar there so that'll keep me sated!

Unfortunately even tho we have the premier league money we will still be fighting it out for a lot of players with different teams and Gibson will have a wage budget or structure in place.

True. We won't be able to compete with Swansea for wages. West Ham owner came out and said they were paying a ridiculous amount for Ayew, 100k plus.

The West Ham owners do tend to talk a lot of BS though.

Jesus not the Gibson signing/Karanka signing debate again. *blows brains out*

Agree can we please not do this again. At the end of the day Rhodes got important goals that helped a lot getting us promotion so who cares who wanted him.

Sorry if this post bothers you, feel free to ignore it. But it fits into the discussion so I have every right to discuss it with other people.

Is it really that big a deal? If you don't want to get involved in it, don't comment!

Oh dear...

CM.IT EXCLUSIVE! Swansea are on the verge of signing Hakim Ziyech.

calciomercato.it/news/384031/ca… via @DRussodeCerame

Yes understandable, Wales the hot bed of soccer money has nothing to do with it, he just loves green valley's.

Where is Swansea asks Ziyech, is it near England, does it matter say's his agent think of the wages, Oh yes I love Swansea say's Ziyech :D

Welsh ladies are lovely. A perfect example is the delectable Leanne Wood. Lovely sing song welsh accent. Back to football though. The only way we will compete with more established PL teams for the most desirable players on our radar in the transfer market, is to offer more money. After all what else is there for us to offer.

That's not true at all.. I'm English and have lived in South Wales for 13 years

Completely true...I lived there for 5 years.

Welsh ladies are lovely. A perfect example is the delectable Leanne Wood. Lovely sing song welsh accent. Back to football though. The only way we will compete with more established PL teams for the most desirable players on our radar in the transfer market, is to offer more money. After all what else is there for us to offer.

Spot on Aaron, we may have to pay a little bit over to acquire some players, if that's the case then so be it.

Regarding Ziyech, still think we have a chance of signing him. Are there any other reports about Swansea's interest? Am I right in thinking that our interested is being reported by Twente's local press which I would take to be a more credible source.

The West Ham owners do tend to talk a lot of BS though.

Probably is more to do with they got him on a free transfer. Contracts tend to be more lucrative when moving on a free.

Regarding Ziyech, still think we have a chance of signing him. Are there any other reports about Swansea's interest? Am I right in thinking that our interested is being reported by Twente's local press which I would take to be a more credible source.

It's just that one Italian source linking him to Swansea, any other sources are just quoting the Italian source. And yeah I think it was the local paper in Holland that reported our interest.