oneBoro Forum

Summer 2016 Transfer window

Although I realise that its important to have a wage structure for various obvious reasons. Steve Gibson though has a history of paying way over the odds for the right players. He has become more frugal over recent years through necessity. But we are back in the money now. I don't see him losing out on a prime target for the sake of £1m or £2m.

• Replies 18.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Maybe he'll prefer smog to sheep

Have you ever been to Swansea? It's a hole with more industry than Teesside! Local pubs refuse to serve you if they find you're English.

Have never visited Wales. Off to Cardiff in October to experience it for the first time

That's not true at all.. I'm English and have lived in South Wales for 13 years

Completely true...I lived there for 5 years.

Are you sure it wasn't that they just didn't want to serve you mate?  :dodgy:

I had quite a nice time in Cardiff on Feb 29th 2004.

Regarding Ziyech, still think we have a chance of signing him. Are there any other reports about Swansea's interest? Am I right in thinking that our interested is being reported by Twente's local press which I would take to be a more credible source.

It's just that one Italian source linking him to Swansea, any other sources are just quoting the Italian source. And yeah I think it was the local paper in Holland that reported our interest.

The EG say we've pulled out. Suddenly another Prem club are interested. Come on folks, were experienced in this. If we want him and he wants to come we will get him. It's just brinkmanship.

Although I realise that its important to have a wage structure for various obvious reasons. Steve Gibson though has a history of paying way over the odds for the right players. He has become more frugal over recent years through necessity. But we are back in the money now. I don't see him losing out on a prime target for the sake of £1m or £2m.

Especially if the prime target does the job and you stay in the Premier, it then becomes good business.

If you took the Welsh out of Wales it would actually be a nice place to live.

The same could be said of....

The Jocks out of Scotland

The Grordies out of Newcastle

And the scousers out of prison ;)

Regarding Ziyech, still think we have a chance of signing him. Are there any other reports about Swansea's interest? Am I right in thinking that our interested is being reported by Twente's local press which I would take to be a more credible source.

It's just that one Italian source linking him to Swansea, any other sources are just quoting the Italian source. And yeah I think it was the local paper in Holland that reported our interest.

The EG say we've pulled out. Suddenly another Prem club are interested. Come on folks, were experienced in this. If we want him and he wants to come we will get him. It's just brinkmanship.

EG said we pulled out of the Aissa Mandi deal, not any Ziyech one...

Have you ever been to Swansea? It's a hole with more industry than Teesside! Local pubs refuse to serve you if they find you're English.

Have never visited Wales. Off to Cardiff in October to experience it for the first time

That's not true at all.. I'm English and have lived in South Wales for 13 years

Completely true...I lived there for 5 years.

Are you sure it wasn't that they just didn't want to serve you mate?  :dodgy:

I had quite a nice time in Cardiff on Feb 29th 2004.

Lol! Most of the Welsh absolutely hate the English. The University students regularly transferred studies across to Cardiff (friendlier place) and this was common knowledge - I doubt things have changed much in 20 years but if you don't believe me, go and ask the English students studying there. Frankly, I don't think Swansea have any right to be in the English Premier League, especially as they have their own league and Rangers and Celtic aren't allowed in.

That Gazette article about Mandi is odd, it doesn't have any of their trademark 'club sources' or 'bigwigs' kind of name dropping about how they have come to know this info, it just says that the gazette now believes that we've cooled our interest. Strange.

That Gazette article about Mandi is odd, it doesn't have any of their trademark 'club sources' or 'bigwigs' kind of name dropping about how they have come to know this info, it just says that the gazette now believes that we've cooled our interest. Strange.

Plus it was written by Jonathon Taylor, no disrespect to him but isn't it normally Vickers or Tallentire who report on transfers? Strange.

We need Maz on the case, is Ziyech to Swansea doing the rounds in Holland?

Just the same story that Swansea have met the asking price with the club nothing about terms with the player.

EG said we pulled out of the Aissa Mandi deal, not any Ziyech one...

I was just about to say the same thing