oneBoro Forum

Summer 2016 Transfer window

With another good season behind him Redmond could be worth more than that himself.

Tin hat on, I'd much rather have Adomah in our team than Redmond at this moment in time. I don't see Redmond as an upgrade on Adomah.

I think you're right to put your tin hat on, because that's crazy :) Redmond has done it in the Premier league, and is much younger than Albert. I'm fairly confident that Redmond has put up better stats than Adomah the last few years as well.

Done what in the premier league exactly?.. He is another overrated English player who flatters to deceive... He has been relegated twice in the last three seasons so he is consistent :)

• Replies 18.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Redmond has shown he can play either wing effectively and done at a level above adomah, not sure how anyone can get to the conclusion that adomah is better. To have both of them in our squad would be great.

Just opening a potential can of worms, but regarding the thread title, I always understood the correct phrase to be 'dull as DITCHwater'. Have I been wrong all this time?

You can use both.

With another good season behind him Redmond could be worth more than that himself.

Tin hat on, I'd much rather have Adomah in our team than Redmond at this moment in time. I don't see Redmond as an upgrade on Adomah.

I think you're right to put your tin hat on, because that's crazy :) Redmond has done it in the Premier league, and is much younger than Albert. I'm fairly confident that Redmond has put up better stats than Adomah the last few years as well.

Done what in the premier league exactly?.. He is another overrated English player who flatters to deceive... He has been relegated twice in the last three seasons so he is consistent :)

6 goals as a winger in a relegated side - not to be sniffed at.

We need more pace in the side and Redmond has it in spades. He's also still developing so with good coaching and discipline he will only get better.

Can't see AA getting any better.

Redmond has shown he can play either wing effectively and done at a level above adomah, not sure how anyone can get to the conclusion that adomah is better. To have both of them in our squad would be great.

bringing in Redmond as another winger would be OK for me, but if he's one of the choices between Ziyech, Praet or Ramirez then for me he's 4th  on the list

Jesus...you can't please some people.

I think Redmond is one of the most exciting players outside of the current England squad, what are you expecting from us in terms of players linked to the club?

Remember, ANY player from a relegated team is no good. Also any player from a Championship team. Or a weaker league.

bringing in Redmond as another winger would be OK for me, but if he's one of the choices between Ziyech, Praet or Ramirez then for me he's 4th  on the list

Agreed. If he's coming in to fight for his place along with Adomah I'd be happy with that but if it's a like for like replacement it's a no from me. I think Adomah's in for a good season next year.

Redmond is one of those players who is unlikely to drop in value. Another good season in the Prem and he will have really shown that he can do it. And that's when you really see the value sky rocket. Financially he is a "safe bet". He has already shown that he is good enough.

Redmond is one of those players who is unlikely to drop in value. Another good season in the Prem and he will have really shown that he can do it. And that's when you really see the value sky rocket. Financially he is a "safe bet". He has already shown that he is good enough.

We haven't bought him yet and you are talking about selling him already. I think we'll be buying him for his footballing ability. Building a team that can stay in the premiership year on year, far outweighs any profit we'll make by selling a player and anyway, when did Boro ever make money on a player that we'd bought? (apart from TLF and possibly Ziege)

We haven't bought him yet and you are talking about selling him already. I think we'll be buying him for his footballing ability. Building a team that can stay in the premiership year on year, far outweighs any profit we'll make by selling a player and anyway, when did Boro ever make money on a player that we'd bought? (apart from TLF and possibly Ziege)

Yanic Wildschut and somehow Jutkiewicz :)

Agreed. If he's coming in to fight for his place along with Adomah I'd be happy with that but if it's a like for like replacement it's a no from me. I think Adomah's in for a good season next year.

Lets rest our hopes of survival on that then ;)

We need more pace in the side and Redmond has it in spades. He's also still developing so with good coaching and discipline he will only get better.

Can't see AA getting any better.

This. Whilst I do think Adomah is the better of the 2 right now, there's a good 6-7 years between them and when it comes to bringing in players who fulfil the criteria of being English for the rule of having 8 out of 25 being home-grown in this country, we could do much worse than Redmond.

People said we need to improve the front 4 and I don't think anyone can argue Redmond is a better option than some of what we currently have for those positions, never mind what he can develop into being.

He probably does have to improve his end-product but I'd say he's better than Lennon used to be at his age for that. Lennon hardly ever looked like scoring goals and sometimes his crossing wasn't great when he broke onto the scene, Redmond has got decent shooting boots already, scored a couple in the Toulon tournament with the Under-21s including what was probably the goal of England's tournament.