• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Have we signed Andrija Zivkovic yet? Should be a priority.

went to Benfica :P

Not according to transfermarkt. Still has him as a free agent come July. I'll take your word though mister FM ;)

Not according to transfermarkt. Still has him as a free agent come July. I'll take your word though mister FM ;)

Signed him for a million I believe

https://www.dreamteamfc.com/c/serbian-wonderkid-andrija-zivkovics-potential-move-to-benfica-is-a-tragic-tale-of-exploitation/

My mistake it actually looks like the deal fell through. Some weird 3rd party stuff?

Although saying that, this guy says it went through:

and he seems more believable.

For anyone watching the Wales v Slovakia game, everything's Squirtle has done so far sums up why I am so happy we [apparently] passed on him. Just a brute, nothing technical to his game at all.

I don't think it's fair to say there is nothing technical - anyone could play like a brute. Plus, that bullish attitude can be invaluable in a relegation scrap IMO. That penalty shout for Wales was disgraceful though...

Ok, obviously nothing technical at all was an exaggeration and he can actually kick a football. I'm referring more to his lack of reading of the game and positioning, instead using strength and aggression to partly make up for his mental shortcomings. Against better opposition, he gets found out.

Why is this brutish attitude a good thing? There is a big difference between confidently competitive and what Squirtle portrays. We play, under AK, a very technical style of defence. Every player has a distinct role and position to play. Squirtle charging into a player 'because that's a great thing and shows he cares' is just detrimental and opens up space elsewhere as everyone else has to cover. It's why Lovren couldn't play with him at Liverpool and it wouldn't have worked for us. In a relegation battle, I'd much prefer everyone to be organised and technically gifted. It goes without saying that they should put the effort in, that should not and is not the be all and end all of winning games.

One of the first things Klopp did at Liverpool was to replace Squirtle with a 35 ish year old Toure who actually could position himself.

Stop calling him Squirtle, it wasn't funny the first time.

If you enjoy laughing at memes that are years old then fair enough I suppose.

Hey, have you heard of the Harlem Shake?

Hey DZ... WHHAAAAAATTTTSSSSUUUPPP!!!!!! :)