oneBoro Forum

Summer 2016 Transfer window

Adomah - Ramirez - Fischer

_______ Rhodes_______

That's where we are at now with most of transfer window still to come, think we'll sign one more winger and at least one centre forward. It's looking good.

After that, I'd like us to sign Mandi, new GK and an upgrade at CM, and possibly CM back up if Forshaw leaves.

You would put Adomah ahead of Downing?

• Replies 18.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

_______ Rhodes_______

That's where we are at now with most of transfer window still to come, think we'll sign one more winger and at least one centre forward. It's looking good.

After that, I'd like us to sign Mandi, new GK and an upgrade at CM, and possibly CM back up if Forshaw leaves.

At right wing? Yeah.

_______ Rhodes_______

At right wing? Yeah.

On any wing

_______ Rhodes_______

At right wing? Yeah.

On any wing

In the championship maybe - you are aware we got promoted to the premier league this season aren't you?

_______ Rhodes_______

At right wing? Yeah.

On any wing

In the championship maybe - you are aware we got promoted to the premier league this season aren't you?

Why does being promoted have any bearing on this? We had both Adomah and Downing in the championship, Downing never played on the right wing so why would he oust Adomah now at a higher level?

_______ Rhodes_______

At right wing? Yeah.

On any wing

Why would a player who struggled in the championship be better than a player who didn't?

At right wing? Yeah.

On any wing

Why would a player who struggled in the championship be better than a player who didn't?

Thats a matter of opinion really, Downing didn't struggle he just didn't repeat the form he showed as the best English player on assists in the premier league the season before, Adomah did struggle, it took him most of the season to recapture his form. Might have been the fact Downing moved back out to the wing, the fact he was heavily marked by a lot of opposition teams - it could be a lot of things - I just have a different opinion on who is the best player for us in the premier league based on what Downing has done in the premier league and if it wasn't for Alberts late show (for the second season) he would be first on the transfer list

At right wing? Yeah.

On any wing

Why does being promoted have any bearing on this? We had both Adomah and Downing in the championship, Downing never played on the right wing so why would he oust Adomah now at a higher level?

Not being funny WIL but what are you talking about? Ive seen Albert on the left wing loads of times and Downing on the right, our full backs were more wingers anyway while they cut inside a lot.  So you are saying the premiership and championship are exactly the same stlyes of football and so if you are good in  the championship you are good in the premier league? What a complete crock of s**te

At right wing? Yeah.

On any wing

Not being funny WIL but what are you talking about? Ive seen Albert on the left wing loads of times and Downing on the right, our full backs were more wingers anyway while they cut inside a lot.  So you are saying the premiership and championship are exactly the same stlyes of football and so if you are good in  the championship you are good in the premier league? What a complete crock of s**te

Crock of ***e? Calm down matey.

I don't remember Downing playing on the right, perhaps that's a sign of how well he played when you saw him play there?

I'm not saying anything of the sort regarding Championship/Premier League, but I am suggesting that a player who IMO struggled to influence games (goals or assists) in the championship in one of his favoured positions shouldn't displace a player who played well for most of the season in his favoured right wing position and had much most impact in terms of goals and assists.

Ramirez won't have any problems getting the visa on appeal. The fact that he's been here for a few years will help as will being back in the Uruguay squad. I'd be interested to know how the agent unravelled the pre-contract agreement though. Other than Penarol simply choosing to tear it up then they'd have had to be given something you'd assume. I wonder if that something will appear in the terms Ramirez asks for.

On any wing

Crock of ***? Calm down matey.

I don't remember Downing playing on the right, perhaps that's a sign of how well he played when you saw him play there?

I'm not saying anything of the sort regarding Championship/Premier League, but I am suggesting that a player who IMO struggled to influence games (goals or assists) in the championship in one of his favoured positions shouldn't displace a player who played well for most of the season in his favoured right wing position and had much most impact in terms of goals and assists.

Just checked the stats and Downings highest rating was when he played on the right for us last season - guess what, higher than Adomah and wait for it, Adomahs highest rating was when he played on the left. As for favoured positions Downing can play anywhere across the three, his preferred and most productive been in the middle (where he wasn't played) and as he is a proven premiership player and as I said the facts back it up that he was the fifth rated premiership player for assists and 1st rated English (better than sterling) when he came to us - but you lot think Adomah who hasn't played in the premiership and was as bad as he was good last season is a better pick for the premiership? I can say a crock of s**te if you are wrong which seeing as Downing did play on the right for a few games and received higher stats than Adomah means I sort of have a point to disagree with you 'matey'

Just checked the stats and Downings highest rating was when he played on the right for us last season - guess what, higher than Adomah and wait for it, Adomahs highest rating was when he played on the left. 

Highest rating by who?

Crock of ***? Calm down matey.

Just checked the stats and Downings highest rating was when he played on the right for us last season - guess what, higher than Adomah and wait for it, Adomahs highest rating was when he played on the left. As for favoured positions Downing can play anywhere across the three, his preferred and most productive been in the middle (where he wasn't played) and as he is a proven premiership player and as I said the facts back it up that he was the fifth rated premiership player for assists and 1st rated English (better than sterling) when he came to us - but you lot think Adomah who hasn't played in the premiership and was as bad as he was good last season is a better pick for the premiership? I can say a crock of s**te if you are wrong which seeing as Downing did play on the right for a few games and received higher stats than Adomah means I sort of have a point to disagree with you 'matey'

We'll see as though it's ok, what a crock of ***e you've just posted. Downing played centrally in a fair few games last season (and was completely non existent). Seen as though you want to look at stats let's use the most recent ones:

Adomah:

Minutes played in all competitions: 3,520

Assists in all competitions: 8

Goals in all competitions: 8

Minutes per goal made/scored: 220

Downing:

Minutes played in all competitions: 3,851

Assists in all competitions: 6

Goals in all competitions: 3

Minutes per goal made/scored: 428

So Adomah was roughly twice as effective as Downing last season in all competitions.