oneBoro Forum

Summer 2016 Transfer window

From a Uruguyan twitter account with 166k followers:

https://twitter.com/Roberto_Moar/with_replies

#GustavoMatosas puede dirigir a #AlvaroGonzález y #GastónRamírez en @Alhilal_FC #MercadoDePases

Gustavo Matosas, antes de marchar a @Alhilal_FC sigue comentando la #CA2016 y piensa en uruguayos para el equipo.

=

# Gustavo Matosas can lead to # Alvaro Gonzalez and Gaston Ramirez @Alhilal_FC # # Market Passes

Gustavo Matosas, before going to @Alhilal_FC continues commenting the # CA2016 and think Uruguayans for the team.

• Replies 18.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

According to Alan Nixon, Tom's favourite journo, we're looking at a foreign GK.

Do you want a mad rumour I heard but not it sure if it has any substance whatsoever?

Come on man.

Of course we do.

Do you want a mad rumour I heard but not it sure if it has any substance whatsoever?

You know the answer to that question :D please say it's Geronimo Rulli

We're getting Oliver Kahn out of retirement?

So just to clarify this is from a Spanish journalist and I've no idea on its truth.

He seems to think we are looking at a season long loan for Sergio Asenjo.

Been injured for a while and dropped out of favour at Villarreal should keep CT happy

So just to clarify this is from a Spanish journalist and I've no idea on its truth.

Been injured for a while and dropped out of favour at Villarreal should keep CT happy

Is that a mad rumour? A PL side looking at a La Liga keeper that has fallen out of favor due to injury. He was a big talent years ago but seems to have dropped off the radar, or is that just to people who don't watch la Liga regularly?

Don't know much about him nowadays but he goes down in folk law for me after scoring a goal from a goal kick for me on a save on FM08 all them years ago! he gets my vote!

Coming back from a long injury layoff. Sounds like our kind of guy

The debate on here is taking a wrong a turn. Stick to the football and drop the poor language.

Not just the poor language - I can cope with language all day long -, maybe people should refrain from calling people things like ignorant and telling them to ** off? Especially people who claim to be top authors and are on IDMB and the like. After all they are happy to put themselves on a pedestal for all to see - yet after that self promotion believe they have some sort of superiority over other posters.

Jesus Christ, what the hell are you on about?

2 Being offended is actually a choice, we live in a country of free speech and free will - if you don't like what someone says, ignore it, you can't persecute that person, name call and threaten because you have chose to be offended

Aren't those two views diametrically opposed?

Which two views?

Saying we have free speech then trying to censor people by saying they can't name call.

I haven't censored anything or suggested censoring.  I meant you can't use the excuse of being offended to then be offensive yourself - be as offensive as you like. I have no large ego to bruise, I don't care what people who seem to think they hold a higher moral ground to me think of me, however I could easily retort with name calling and insults myself but as I am not offended and believe they too have every right to an opinion will not do that - however I will protest the fact that they think  have some place above me to tell me to basically shut up or **off and I always will.

I get what you mean when you say 'not impressed' but it gives the impression your having a go. I'm not rushing to the bookies either based on what we have signed so far, but they are 2 good but unspectacular bits of business.

But the thing is mate I'm not impressed so how else am I supposed to put it?  Being linked with a series of players who have recently had bad injuries doesn't impress me, neither do players who have spent the majority of their career in the second tier of whatever country they are playing in.  The Ajax fans comments about Fischer weren't exactly fantastic and we're talking about him also having to make a step up in terms of the quality of competition he's playing in.  Is Espinosa definitely better than either Gibson or Ayala?  I don't know because I've never seen him but if he isn't then he's not really improving us, the squad perhaps but not the actual quality and of course he's still injured so how do we even know what he'll be like when he's fit again?  

We will almost certainly never have as much room to play with as regards the wage budget or as much spending power as we do now because of our relatively low costs.  This is where we should be looking to make real improvements and I'm not convinced that what we've done so far has done that or that some of the players we've been linked to will do that if we ended up signing them. But of course I accept that just because we've been linked with someone doesn't mean we're actually interested in them and we will almost certainly be looking at players we haven't heard about.  Hence me saying so far.

Another player just coming back from injury? Hope we sign him just to *** off CT :D

The debate on here is taking a wrong a turn. Stick to the football and drop the poor language.

Not just the poor language - I can cope with language all day long -, maybe people should refrain from calling people things like ignorant and telling them to ** off? Especially people who claim to be top authors and are on IDMB and the like. After all they are happy to put themselves on a pedestal for all to see - yet after that self promotion believe they have some sort of superiority over other posters.

Jesus Christ, what the hell are you on about?

Sorry at what point was I even talking to you?