oneBoro Forum

Summer 2016 Transfer window

I read that Hull are set to bid £7mill for Robbie Brady, left footer only 24years old, is he good enough to do a job here.

Didn't Norwich buy him off Hull 12 months ago for a similar price?!

Yeah I think so. Stay away he is shyte. Definitely wouldn't suit our system.

• Replies 18.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I think the game that highlighted the gulf in class was the cup game against Everton bearing in mind they've have had a poor season.

Having said that I think Karanka will bring the right quality of players in I think we'll do alright.

yes big gulf in class between delfalou and coleman on their right vs amorbieta and de pena on our left. that was a gulf the rest was pretty even. 28million striker finished his only chance and delfalou smartly finished. kike and stuani missed our best chances and they wont feature next season, well stuani might now and then.

when that game was played they were on about the best form the had all season.

put friend, downing, ramirez and rhodes into that game then add fischer, bernardo and mandi on top of that. we then have a miles better 11 out with a better bench. and we are still in june.

this gulf in class when referring to that game is redundant. not really a worry now is it?  :D

ps i know downing played but i mentioned him because with ramirez here he'd strengthen the left considerably compared to de pena.

I think the game that highlighted the gulf in class was the cup game against Everton bearing in mind they've have had a poor season.

Having said that I think Karanka will bring the right quality of players in I think we'll do alright.

yes big gulf in class between delfalou and coleman on their right vs amorbieta and de pena on our left. that was a gulf the rest was pretty even. 28million striker finished his only chance and delfalou smartly finished. kike and stuani missed our best chances and they wont feature next season, well stuani might now and then.

put friend, downing, ramirez and rhodes into that game then add fischer, bernardo and mandi on top of that. we then have a miles better 11 out with a better bench. and we are still in june.

this gulf in class when referring to that game is redundant. not really a worry now is it?  :D

ps i know downing played but i mentioned him because with ramirez here he'd strengthen the left considerably compared to de pena.

I hope you're trying to be funny or something

When the squad is laid out like that  shows we aren't strong enough yet. Need more reinforcements.

True, looking at it as it is we would struggle to make the top 2 in the championship. In my opinion we need at least 4 players better than the players we already have. Lets face it, we didn't walk the championship with these players we just to say scraped through. Some on here are saying we need to come down to earth a bit because the players mentioned are to good for us. I say we have to aim high, ridiculous or not, you don't get unless you try.

I say things then when I look back I think ***. :)  What I meant was we would struggle this season with this team with competition against the Likes of Newcastle, Norwich, Aston Villa etc.

He didn't mean better than Everton

yep true, not better than everton but considerably closer to them already.

I read that Hull are set to bid £7mill for Robbie Brady, left footer only 24years old, is he good enough to do a job here.

Didn't Norwich buy him off Hull 12 months ago for a similar price?!

Yeah I think so. Stay away he is shyte. Definitely wouldn't suit our system.

Looks pacey what I have seen of him, but don't know enough about him to make a judgement, he was always a player big things were expected of him but some don't progress.

Lmao don't be ridiculous. They actually have a very good team just had a poor manager. With Koeman in charge they will be challenging for the top 6. We're nowhere near close to them, yet. Give it a few years. ;)

Lmao don't be ridiculous. They actually have a very good team just had a poor manager. With Koeman in charge they will be challenging for the top 6. We're nowhere near close to them, yet. Give it a few years. ;)

so you dont think we have improved our personnel and can now field a much stronger 11 than we did in that game?  :P

yes everton i agree have a pretty strong core. but i dont think they are all that much better all things considered. i think we would give them a pretty tough game home or away as the squads currently stand. koeman has a job on has hands to get them firing again imo. saints are a better side.

I want to see Rafa Silva come on!

Have we definitely put an offer in?

No we don't want him to come on. Want him and Portugal to have a *** competition so there's no competition for his signature in the summer. ;)

Have to admit I was pleased he never got on in their last game, worked in our favour that Ramirez had a crap copa America aswell.

Maybe because he was playing against better players - just wondering?

What we do know is that Ramirez is a good Championship player. However, perhaps that's his level. He actually might not be good enough against PL players to have the same impact.

I certainly won't be gutted if we don't sign him, and if we do I just hope it's on sensible wages.