oneBoro Forum

Summer 2016 Transfer window

Has anyone got anything on this De Roon guy?

I must admit I literally know nothing. Is he potentially worth 12m Euros? Is he a like for like Clayton/Leadbitter?

I'm personally hoping we see more of De Sart this season, so bringing another midfielder to compete with those three and Forshaw seems a bit excessive?

• Replies 18.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I think the Rhodes debate certainly is interesting. Personally I definately think he needs a chance next season, and not just a few appearances in August. He has an exceptional record in the English leagues and that warrants a shot at the Prem. Personally I think it's a case of people wanting something new and expensive rather than appreciating what we have already. If we signed someone from Belgium or Holland tomorrow with that record there would be endless creaming on here.

It's interesting and very relevant if that newspaper article is correct.  We're talking about selling a player we just signed who also happens to the second most expensive signing in our history or possibly the first if all the add ons are taken into account.

If his record was in the Dutch and Belgian second divisions would people feel the same way though?

I must admit I literally know nothing. Is he potentially worth 12m Euros? Is he a like for like Clayton/Leadbitter?

I'm personally hoping we see more of De Sart this season, so bringing another midfielder to compete with those three and Forshaw seems a bit excessive?

I think Forshaw may be sold.  I'd be surprised if de Sart got a lot of game time unless he's doing great things in training I guess.

All I know is he won player of the season last season. I don't think de Sart is ready for the first team and that's why we seen so little of him last season, I personally think Forshaw will be off. We definitely need another midfielder in my opinion.

I think the Rhodes debate certainly is interesting. Personally I definately think he needs a chance next season, and not just a few appearances in August. He has an exceptional record in the English leagues and that warrants a shot at the Prem. Personally I think it's a case of people wanting something new and expensive rather than appreciating what we have already. If we signed someone from Belgium or Holland tomorrow with that record there would be endless creaming on here.

It's interesting and very relevant if that newspaper article is correct.  We're talking about selling a player we just signed who also happens to the second most expensive signing in our history or possibly the first if all the add ons are taken into account.

If his record was in the Dutch and Belgian second divisions would people feel the same way though?

I don't think anyone would be happy if we brought in someone from the Belgian or Dutch second division. The Championship is more or less of the same quality as their top leagues barring a few teams, so I'd rather compare Rhodes record to those strikers in the top leagues of said countries. If we brought in someone who had scores 20+ goals in the last 4-5 seasons in either of those leagues I'd hazard a guess and say people would say we are showing ambition, we've made a real coup etc. On paper Rhodes should be good enough but It's impossible to say if he can carry that goalscoring ability into the Prem. Only time will tell and that's why he should at least be given a chance.

If people are not ready to give a guy with Rhodes' credentials a chance, then as a newly promoted team, I struggle to think who they think we can actually attract.

All I know is he won player of the season last season. I don't think de Sart is ready for the first team and that's why we seen so little of him last season, I personally think Forshaw will be off. We definitely need another midfielder in my opinion.

I don't think I'd be quite so quick to write off De Sart, when we signed him I saw a lot of Belgians singing his praises saying he's destined for great things. A loan to the Championship wouldn't necessarily surprise me, but I get a little bit of a feeling he may be coming in as an understudy to Leadbitter (or Clayton) and might get more chances this season. Just a hunch.

Forshaw I agree with you though. It's so unfortunate for him as he's a decent player, maybe technically better than Leadbitter, but he won't get game time this year I don't think. Maybe he'll be happy sitting on the bench for a Premier League team hoping for a chance again, but I doubt it tbh.

Maybe we are reserving some of the money for January?

No point blowing it all away in August. January will give the current squad the chance to improve and test themselves. If it's not working, change your approach in January.

De Roon would cost between €12-15m with Atalanta looking to sell.

http://www.gazzettaworld.com/news/transfer-market/atalanta-de-roon-middlesbrough/

they paid 1.5m Euros for him last year - no way we'd pay more than 5m

Maybe he has some sort of release clause in his contract? I read somewhere that Napoli have first refusal on him, I don't know why.

Can't see Forshaw staying either. There is about 10+ games less next season, so his chances are only going to be less, and even more so if we bring in someone else to add competition to Leadbitter/Clayton.

I'd like us to test the waters at derby and offer him as a part exchange for Hughes or at Leeds for Alex Mowatt who also looks like a great talent. In a straight transfer I reckon we could recoup 2 million or more.

The problem with trying to sell Rhodes wouldn't be just trying to recoup the majority of our transfer fee back, but also would other clubs be willing to match Rhodes wages, personally I don't think so.

I also feel Forshaw will be off, someone will get a good footballer and If he does go I hope he does well.

Marten de roon

Looks like he can read the game pretty well and eases players off the ball rather than diving around, doesn't show much of his passing range like.

De Roon would cost between €12-15m with Atalanta looking to sell.

http://www.gazzettaworld.com/news/transfer-market/atalanta-de-roon-middlesbrough/

they paid 1.5m Euros for him last year - no way we'd pay more than 5m

Maybe he has some sort of release clause in his contract? I read somewhere that Napoli have first refusal on him, I don't know why.

Because Italy is a complete *** show of agreements between clubs