oneBoro Forum

Summer 2016 Transfer window

***nal RB Callum Chambers is available for loan and attracting interest from a number of clubs. Think we are one of them????

It really depends how we intend to use the loan system. Is it two loans in total we can take? He would be a very good signing though, and I certainly wouldn't mind having him and Nsue at RB. Still think we are bringing in Mandi though. Just need a little time to sort out the differences.

• Replies 18.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Speaking of the loan system, if we loan out any of our players to the Football League they still count as part of the 25 man squad limit (unless they are under 21), which will have repercussions for our transfer policy regarding De Sart and Adam Reach in particular. I think that makes it more likely we might sell Reach, but De Sart might stay (I think he might learn more from training with our squad than at a random Championship club).

Speaking of the loan system, if we loan out any of our players to the Football League they still count as part of the 25 man squad limit (unless they are under 21), which will have repercussions for our transfer policy regarding De Sart and Adam Reach in particular. I think that makes it more likely we might sell Reach, but De Sart might stay (I think he might learn more from training with our squad than at a random Championship club).

I don't think that is quite right. If we loan them out I'm sure we won't register them to play for us.

I don't think that is quite right. If we loan them out I'm sure we won't register them to play for us.

Maybe it doesn't count if you loan a player for a full season. But according to this explanation, "Players loaned to Football League clubs cannot be replaced, but can regain their spot on return to parent club."

Maybe it doesn't count if you loan a player for a full season. But according to this explanation, "Players loaned to Football League clubs cannot be replaced, but can regain their spot on return to parent club."

Yea I imagine that's for registered loan players, I'm sure BD is right, if we don't include them in our 25 person squad it doesn't matter... Otherwise teams like Chelsea would be up a proverbial Creek without a paddle

I don't know if anything has happened in those 6 years since the article, but it says you can't change things between transfer windows (which makes sense). I'd say it was possible to loan out a player untill January without registering him at Boro, and then re-evaluate his situation. Clubs decide who to register. Not every player at the club over 21 is automatically registered.

If his record was in the Dutch and Belgian second divisions would people feel the same way though?

No, probably because you look at the Dutch and Belgian first divisions and have to actually give it a good thought as to whether they are that much, if at all, better than the Championship.

Ah yeah that all makes sense. I think also the reference to the Football League is probably for those "emergency loan" windows, which fits with the "only make changes during the transfer windows" rule.

I think the Rhodes debate certainly is interesting. Personally I definately think he needs a chance next season, and not just a few appearances in August. He has an exceptional record in the English leagues and that warrants a shot at the Prem. Personally I think it's a case of people wanting something new and expensive rather than appreciating what we have already. If we signed someone from Belgium or Holland tomorrow with that record there would be endless creaming on here.

I believe every player deserves a shot at the prem and also think Rhodes does too - however  as I've mentioned earlier, I - like Billy heard from a good source he was part of the cause of Karanka-gate and I won't regurgitate that whole post, but if he isn't the 'character' we thought he was and I am pretty sure a big part of AK's way of thinking is character is very important for the team then I've always trusted in AK  and if he thinks he needs to go then he should go. No one is privvy to what happened - or if they are they aren't saying but one thing is for sure, there couldn't be any personnel changes at the time and it was a case of gel together and get over the line then work it out,  now if its a case of AK or them (I'm going by the 'revealed' comments AK made about not been able to work with those involved) then if AK stayed I was expecting players to leave who he feels he cannot work with. So I guess its back to trusting the coach who got us promoted.

By the way I didn't see the newspaper article - do you have a link please?

I think the Rhodes debate certainly is interesting. Personally I definately think he needs a chance next season, and not just a few appearances in August. He has an exceptional record in the English leagues and that warrants a shot at the Prem. Personally I think it's a case of people wanting something new and expensive rather than appreciating what we have already. If we signed someone from Belgium or Holland tomorrow with that record there would be endless creaming on here.

I believe every player deserves a shot at the prem and also think Rhodes does too - however  as I've mentioned earlier, I - like Billy heard from a good source he was part of the cause of Karanka-gate and I won't regurgitate that whole post, but if he isn't the 'character' we thought he was and I am pretty sure a big part of AK's way of thinking is character is very important for the team then I've always trusted in AK  and if he thinks he needs to go then he should go. No one is privvy to what happened - or if they are they aren't saying but one thing is for sure, there couldn't be any personnel changes at the time and it was a case of gel together and get over the line then work it out,  now if its a case of AK or them (I'm going by the 'revealed' comments AK made about not been able to work with those involved) then if AK stayed I was expecting players to leave who he feels he cannot work with. So I guess its back to trusting the coach who got us promoted.

By the way I didn't see the newspaper article - do you have a link please?

I don't think I've seen the article either. So anyone with a link?

Well if what you say is right then he will get sold.

The most interesting thing for me that seems to have been over looked is woodgate. He was one of the names heavily rumoured to have been in on it, he went from being given a coaching role last summer, to getting a year extension to being released with no more mention of coaching role. This says a lot imo.

Anyone else heard about us looking at Domagoj Vida.?

Never heard of him, although he looks rather expensive! That's goodbye to Ayala if it's true.

Anyone else heard about us looking at Domagoj Vida.?

Never heard of him, although he looks rather expensive! That's goodbye to Ayala if it's true.

We need 4 CB's next season, 2 for each position. At the moment we only have 3 I'm not counting Baptiste or Fry as I just don't see them in AK's plans next season. Signing another one won't necessarily mean the end of Ayala.