oneBoro Forum

Summer 2016 Transfer window

Well if what you say is right then he will get sold.

The most interesting thing for me that seems to have been over looked is woodgate. He was one of the names heavily rumoured to have been in on it, he went from being given a coaching role last summer, to getting a year extension to being released with no more mention of coaching role. This says a lot imo.

Agreed, I heard he had a part in it too - he apparently had a part in the team which went to Charlton after the event as well - I don't know how true that was though as it was said after the event AK picked the team for that game (or was that another Mourihnio-esq play?) The way Woodgate exit-ed certainly made me think he'd saw an opportunity and took his chance for it all to backfire and although its speculation it was weird how he seemed to be set up for a future with us then he went without a bang or whimper.

• Replies 18.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

yes I heard it by reading the news article that was posted at 14.34 on newsnow

Middlesbrough narrowly missed out on the signing of Benfica centre-back Viktor Lindelof in January, but Aitor Karanka is rumoured to have identified a new target for the Boro backline in the form of experienced Croatian international Domagoj Vida.

The 27-year-old has spent the last three seasons with Ukrainian giants Dynamo Kyiv, winning two Ukrainian Premier League titles in the process. However, despite impressive performances for club and country, the man from Osijek has struggled to establish himself as a consistent starter for the capital club.

Still, the defender’s imposing stature, versatility – he’s equally comfortable at centre-back and right-back – and threat from set-pieces, have apparently impressed the Boro boss. And despite conceding a late penalty against Czech Republic for Croatia on Friday night, he’s impressed overall for Vatreni in France.

Those displays mean that plenty of clubs could be happy to offer the Kiev man more regular action than he’s received at the Olimpiyskiy Stadium. And the Teessiders can also now offer the player Premier League football – a tempting offer for a man currently plying his trade outside of Europe’s so-called ‘big leagues’.

If Karanka is to swoop for the former Bayer Leverkusen man, then now would be the time – before his powerful displays for Croatia catch the eye of rival managers and inflate the player’s price tag, currently valued at a fairly modest £5.63m by Transfermarkt.co.uk.

Where have you go that from Maz? He's the ugly looking one isn't he? Doesn't fit our new philosophy of signing good looking players so I'm calling it bs

If Ayala doesn't sign a new contract then I feel you have to draw your own conclusions, not happy with the money offered or doesn't see eye to eye with the head coach and wants out is my take and I feel it could be the latter.

If Ayala doesn't sign a new contract then I feel you have to draw your own conclusions, not happy with the money offered or doesn't see eye to eye with the head coach and wants out is my take and I feel it could be the latter.

Stop trying to force off my rose tinted specs will ya!

Karanka is an ex Spanish centre back

Ayala is a current Spanish centre back

Surely they are the best of pals.

They both make a mean Paella together apparently.

Karanka is basque, they will hate each other.

Karanka is basque, they will hate each other.

Apparently Dani said to Aitor " I don't think I've ever been smashed enough to not gag drinking your lasses sangria " then ayala had to pretend he had a poorly leg.

Or Ayala will want to keep his options open. After an impressive season he could very well get a monster contract signing on a free.

Or Ayala will want to keep his options open. After an impressive season he could very well get a monster contract signing on a free.

That he would, we'd lose a fair few quid in transfer fees mind, and I don't see Boro allowing that to happen.

Leicester have had a £10m bid rejected from Burnley for Michael Keane, got a sneaky suspicion they may come in for Ayala. We've allegedly slapped a £15m price tag on him, if Leicester offered £15m what do you think the club would do, and what would you do?

Until he actually signs a new deal then I think it's right for us to discuss these possible scenarios.