• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

No way will we be paying anyone £5m a season, not yet anyway. £50-60k a week is my guess similar to his Southampton contract maybe even less.

I'm wondering if it's a dodgy translation from that £5m pre contract thing.

Haha a 40k increase for a Southampton flop who has only recently had succes in the championship. Yeah, that is never going to happen. There is no way he is going to get an increase from his Southampton contract even though he is on a free. A decent signon bonus probably but I really can't see him getting more than 50k. At most.

50k was what was agreed in Jan plus a decent signing on fee and some other bonuses.

Even with all the wrangle over the precontract I'd be surprised if that's changed much.

Yeah I can't see Gibson changing his offer because certain circumstances change mainly because of an agent.

Not a chance he's on that amount. We've heard from the club about keeping the wage structure and all that, and we only paid him £40k of his wages last season. Not a chance he'll be marked up from his £60k Southampton wage, never mind £100k.

Not a chance he's on that amount. We've heard from the club about keeping the wage structure and all that, and we only paid him £40k of his wages last season. Not a chance he'll be marked up from his £60k Southampton wage, never mind £100k.

We paid £20k of his wages. Soton paid £20k and he took a £20k a week drop to come here. Gaston isn't money driven (his people are).