oneBoro Forum

Summer 2016 Transfer window

12m seems like a lot for a midfielder like.

I would prefer it if we spent that sorta cash on a striker.

Does anyone have any rough idea how much the transfer budget is this season? I'm guessing 30 to 40m?

• Replies 18.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Does anyone have any rough idea how much the transfer budget is this season? I'm guessing 30 to 40m?

As someone said a few pages back, foreign clubs especially are going to raise their demands from Premier League teams because they know the numbers involved in the TV deal. Last season this would probably have been an £8-£9m transfer.

Gibbo himself said we're looking to compete this season, and to that end I reckon we'll be looking at £40m...ish.

Adding to the equation that some business (Espinosa, Ramirez(?) ) will be done without a transfer fee, I'd be surprised if we didn't break our transfer record on a striker this summer.

On a side note would anyone have Johann Berg Gudmundsson here? He got 6 goals and 12 assists for Charlton, yes that's right CHARLTON who were relegated to League One. Despite the fact that he was playing in an awful Charlton team he was involved in more goals than any of our players last season. Oh and he was also part of the Iceland team that beat England last night.

On a side note would anyone have Johann Berg Gudmundsson here? He got 6 goals and 12 assists for Charlton, yes that's right CHARLTON who were relegated to League One. Despite the fact that he was playing in an awful Charlton team he was involved in more goals than any of our players last season. Oh and he was also part of the Iceland team that beat England last night.

If we had of stayed down then yes but not for the PL

If Adomah can make the step up then so can this guy surely. He got a goal and an assist in their 2-1 win over Hull, 2 assists in the 3-1 win over Shef Wed, an assist in a 3-2 loss to Brighton, 3 assists in a 1-4 away win at Rotherham who we couldn't even beat, an assist when they beat us 2-0, a goal against Birmingam, a goal in the reverse fixture against Brighton... these are all decent sides.

It's a deal rising to £12m, that figure is the absolute total and will include all sorts of other fees and bonuses/clauses depending on where we finish, how many games he plays and other stuff like if he gets international games. The initial transfer fee could be as low as half of that £12m.

If Adomah can make the step up then so can this guy surely. He got a goal and an assist in their 2-1 win over Hull, 2 assists in the 3-1 win over Shef Wed, an assist in a 3-2 loss to Brighton, 3 assists in a 1-4 away win at Rotherham who we couldn't even beat, an assist when they beat us 2-0, a goal against Birmingam, a goal in the reverse fixture against Brighton... these are all decent sides.

We don't know if Adomah will make the step up though. I think at this point we need proven players or at least those that we can be confident will do the job at the highest level rather than taking risks on Championship/League 1 players

Everton want him, apparently.

Last I heard was that they were in talks with Stekelenburg to be fair.

Any realistic chance that he would sign?

Well given the choice of playing in the championship with Fulham or replacing Howard in the Prem, it's pretty easy to work out what you'd do  :P

It's a deal rising to £12m, that figure is the absolute total and will include all sorts of other fees and bonuses/clauses depending on where we finish, how many games he plays and other stuff like if he gets international games. The initial transfer fee could be as low as half of that £12m.

that's what I was thinking - probably the cap including sell on fees