oneBoro Forum

Summer 2016 Transfer window

I wasn't very keen on Valdes at first but you can't compare Valdes to Turnbull lmaoooo. Valdes actually played an integral part in Barca's success, Turnbull did the square root of *** all.

• Replies 18.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

The only thing that worries me about Valdes is his attitude at Man U when he refused to play for the reserves.

I can see us guaranteeing him the #1 keeper spot if he signs which isn't necessarily a good thing.

Would still be an absolute statement of intent if we did manage to get him though, he was only linked with Man City a few weeks ago.

Wasn't that reserves thing proven false? Sure I remember when Van Goal said it and it all kicked off there were actually pics of him playing for them

Sport Bible picked up on the story, KM. :D

Still not convinced by the performances I've seen from Valdes.

We could do worse than someone with his trophy cabinet but like I said before, keeping Boro in the PL won't come close to those achievements and I'd worry how motivated he would be for that challenge.

Sport Bible picked up on the story, KM. :D

Still not convinced by the performances I've seen from Valdes.

We could do worse than someone with his trophy cabinet but like I said before, keeping Boro in the PL won't come close to those achievements and I'd worry how motivated he would be for that challenge.

My job is done. Hope they've credited me. :D

Maybe he'll see us as a good opportunity to put himself in the shop window. A good season here and the bigger clubs might be interested in him again, you could say the same for the likes of De Roon and any other players we sign.

Like it or not most foreign players will see us as a stepping stone which is fine if they are doing the business.

Even for £5 mil it would be a good deal, but the fact that it's free is even better.

I'm a bit sceptical of him due to his lack of game time recently, but you csnt deny that someone of his calibre is worth a punt on a free. I think the young keepers would learn a lot from him (Meijas).

Would his attitude be a problem? Maybe. But with Karanka in charge, I really doubt that he would sign a lazy keeper and play him. Karanka is respected in Spain so hopefully Valdes plays well under him.

Barcelona[41]

La Liga: 2004–05, 2005–06, 2008–09, 2009–10, 2010–11, 2012–13

Copa del Rey: 2008–09, 2011–12

Supercopa de España: 2005, 2006, 2009, 2010, 2011, 2013

UEFA Champions League: 2005–06, 2008–09, 2010–11

UEFA Super Cup: 2009, 2011

FIFA Club World Cup: 2009, 2011

Standard Liège

Belgian Cup: 2015–16[42]

International

Spain[43]

FIFA World Cup: 2010

UEFA European Championship: 2012

How can anyone not be willing to give this a go when he's won that many honours. He's still got years ahead of him for a keeper as well.

Didn't Brad Jones win something like 7 trophies whilst only playing 9 games for Chelsea.

Not saying Valdes was sat on the bench but honours for a keeper can be easier to come by

Uwe by that reckoning should we also discount all of the honours Peter Schmeichel won at United because they're 'easier to come by' as a Keeper?

Valdes played in all of those trophy winning seasons. To compare him to Ross Turnbull is ludicrous and your comment is, frankly, disrespectful of goalkeepers.

Snowblind.... You massively got the wrong end of the stick. Ross Turnball was sat on the bench. You may of misunderstood but by saying 'won 7 trophies while only playing 9 games' and 'Valdes wasn't sat on the bench' should've made things a bit clearer :s

The only thing that worries me about Valdes is his attitude at Man U when he refused to play for the reserves.

I can see us guaranteeing him the #1 keeper spot if he signs which isn't necessarily a good thing.

Would still be an absolute statement of intent if we did manage to get him though, he was only linked with Man City a few weeks ago.

If Valdes signs i'm pretty sure he'll be first choice...

From Guillem Balague:

The GK @1victorvaldes has to decide on his future. He has an offer from Portugal, one from Turkey. And Middlesbrough wants him too

I'd say Boro is almost done then otherwise he would have followed one of the other clubs.

Barcelona[41]

Standard Liège

International

Spain[43]

How can anyone not be willing to give this a go when he's won that many honours. He's still got years ahead of him for a keeper as well.

Didn't Brad Jones win something like 7 trophies whilst only playing 9 games for Chelsea.

Not saying Valdes was sat on the bench but honours for a keeper can be easier to come by

Uwe by that reckoning should we also discount all of the honours Peter Schmeichel won at United because they're 'easier to come by' as a Keeper?

Valdes played in all of those trophy winning seasons. To compare him to Ross Turnbull is ludicrous and your comment is, frankly, disrespectful of goalkeepers.

Snowblind.... You massively got the wrong end of the stick. Ross Turnball was sat on the bench. You may of misunderstood but by saying 'won 7 trophies while only playing 9 games' and 'Valdes wasn't sat on the bench' should've made things a bit clearer :s

Not misunderstood at all. Your point was ludicrous about keepers honours being 'easy to come by' and using Turnbull as a comparison to Valdes.

Barcelona[41]

Standard Liège

International

Spain[43]

Not misunderstood at all. Your point was ludicrous about keepers honours being 'easy to come by' and using Turnbull as a comparison to Valdes.

Ok maybe I should've said. 'Honours for a reserve keeper are easier to come by'