Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Talks with Valdes' people in "advanced stages" according to the EG:

http://www.gazettelive.co.uk/sport/football/transfer-news/victor-valdes-close-middlesbrough-fc-11575309

If we get him that's amazing.

I think it must be about done, why else would he follow a club he is in advanced negotiations with? Unless it's to force another clubs hand?

Having only just returned to the promise land after 7 years in the champ, slashing costs, signing lower league players and bang average players I am absolutely amazed to see us be close to signing VICTOR VALDES and being linked with RVP. This is the stuff every championship team dreams of and everything we wanted to return to. Their experience alone is worth their weight in gold!!

Positive view:

2 experienced top-division players.

Negative view:

2 players on their way out with not much left to prove.

Out of the 2, I'd be much more impressed with RVP though. Still scoring goals at his age. We brought in another Dutchman 12 years ago in Jimmy Floyd at the same age (though RVP turns 33 in a month's time) and got the best out of him for 2 years.

Positive view:

2 experienced top-division players.

Negative view:

2 players on their way out with not much left to prove.

Out of the 2, I'd be much more impressed with RVP though. Still scoring goals at his age. We brought in another Dutchman 12 years ago in Jimmy Floyd at the same age (though RVP turns 33 in a month's time) and got the best out of him for 2 years.

The only thing with RVP is he looked so lost and past it in his last season in the prem

RVP has played 107 games in the last 3 seasons so it looks like he carries himself well these days. And he is still scoring plenty of goals. However the Fenerbahce fans don't seem too happy about him. Don't know why though.

Top league experience at the back is crucial and as Ayala and Gibson don't really have that I can see why we would have identified Valdes as a possible, after bringing in Espinosa as well. However, I don't buy the RVP story - I think it's just easily journalism or even if we have declared an interest it is to spur another club into action if we are negotiating a deal. As good as RVP is, Gibson said he will not make the same mistakes twice. I think that giving a declining RVP a bumper contract is too similar to what happened last time we were in the PL and it doesn't fit with the style or age of the outfield players we have signed so far.