Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

RVP and VV? Is AK playing FM? :D

Yeah, he saw when I got Cardiff City to 7th in the Premier League with a front two of Robbie Fowler and Christian Vieri (Combined age 71), and thought that age has it's benefits.

The Van Persie signing (if there is anything in it) makes some amount of sense. He won't be expected to be our first choice striker, or if he is, won't start every game, which keeps Rhodes as the main man while taking some pressure off his shoulders. I'd expect us to also look at a younger striker with little or no PL experience, and for Nugent to make way.

Regardless of whether or not we get these signings over the line

I BLOODY LOVE STEVE GIBSON I DO!!!! :D

RVP would tick s lot of boxes.

Prem experience.

Another option on set pieces.

Prolific. WAS PROLIFIC

Upgrade on what we already have. WOULD HAVE BEEN 4 YRS AGO

Would sell SCs and merchandise.

Would send oneBoro into meltdown.

Are we going for the title? :D

Last 6-7 times I've seen him he was awful He would be on huge money , Doesn't really seem like the high energy player AK likes

Bit more on RVP:

http://www.espnfc.us/story/2908367/fenerbahces-robin-van-persie-in-middlesbrough-talks-sources

"Middlesbrough are in talks to sign Robin van Persie from Fenerbahce, sources close to the player have told ESPN FC.

Van Persie, 32, left Manchester United from Fenerbahce last summer but newly promoted Middlesbrough are working on a deal to take the Netherlands international back to the Premier League.

Sources told ESPN FC that former ***nal star Van Persie, who scored 20 goals in 45 appearances last season, was holding talks with Boro on Wednesday."

It just doesn't feel right without ct coming on and destroying all our hopes and dreams with the reasons why these signings are destined to fail :(

Valdes has never done it in the Premier League.

There you go, I've done his job for him.

Realistically if we got RVP (fingers crossed) we'd have to let Nugent or Rhodes go and get someone in from abroad a big strong quick striker to fill the 'pace, power and good aerial threat' void that AV was talking about

Realistically if we got RVP (fingers crossed) we'd have to let Nugent or Rhodes go and get someone in from abroad a big strong quick striker to fill the 'pace, power and good aerial threat' void that AV was talking about

Keep Rhodes (obviously) and sell Nugent to the Championship.