oneBoro Forum

Summer 2016 Transfer window

Karanka's view on the first team signings.

http://mobile.mfc.co.uk//news/article/2016/middlesbrough-fc-aitor-karanka-de-roon-espinosa-fischer-3171798.aspx

I haven't watched the interview (if there was a video version) but it's getting more and more cringy every time I hear him say 'lad' or 'lads'.

What is that top he is wearing in the picture? It looks like a grey shawl with a Boro badge stuck on. Also, has he had breast augmentation? ;)

• Replies 18.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

That is the most unflattering piece of training wear I've ever seen. I reckon he'll see that picture and mysteriously lose that particular top.

Apparently van Persie isn't for sale now, all of a sudden? Weren't there reports yesterday that they were waiting for offers for him?

"Turkish newspaper Milliyet claim Fenerbahce manager Vitor Pereira has ruled out selling Van Persie this summer.

The Turkish giants have already sanctioned the sale of Portugal and ex-Manchester United winger Nani, who joined Valencia earlier this week."

Confirm Valdes :'(

Marten De Roon's interview was really good too, sounds an intelligent chap. Definitely seems like another Clayton so I wonder if that indicates 2x Claytons as a our CDMs or maybe Clayton is getting a more freer role?

Marten De Roon's interview was really good too, sounds an intelligent chap. Definitely seems like another Clayton so I wonder if that indicates 2x Claytons as a our CDMs or maybe Clayton is getting a more freer role?

Think it will work as it did last season, 2 men patrolling infront of the defence allowing the full backs to go forward.

De roon is a significant upgrade on Leadbitter.

Think it will work as it did last season, 2 men patrolling infront of the defence allowing the full backs to go forward.

Leadbitter and Clayton are slightly different players though I felt, whereas de roon and Clayton seem to be identical.

You're probably right though, it'll work the same as last season.

Jordon Ibe - 27 appearances 1 goal 2 assists. £15m? What am I missing here?

Basically it's a risk. They're hoping to get him now for a high (though not huge in the current market) price, and that he'll develop and go on to play for England, like Sterling or Lallana, and be worth double that in a year or two.

It's like they're paying more than double what he's worth just because he's English, that's why I'd rather take a punt on players from foreign leagues like like Aboubakar and Babacar who have better records.

Babacar scored a goal every 160 minutes in Serie A last season which isn't bad at all.

Leadbitter and Clayton are slightly different players though I felt, whereas de roon and Clayton seem to be identical.

Ye I agree, personally I feel Leadbitter has limitations to his game and can be the reason why he looks a different player.

When one did get a Licence to go forward it was leadbitter, so I can see it being Clayton giving that freedom you are talking about

Ye I agree, personally I feel Leadbitter has limitations to his game and can be the reason why he looks a different player.

When one did get a Licence to go forward it was leadbitter, so I can see it being Clayton giving that freedom you are talking about

That's what I think. Clayton was more of an attacking threat before he came here too iirc, wouldn't be at all surprised if he gets some of that freedom back.