• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

After spending most of the last three months out of the country I feel I have re-entered a parallel universe, Valdes and Subotic, with Van Persie talked of as well. Has this really happened in 12 short months since we were discussing the merits of Walsall strikers and Crystal Palace reserves, wow I need to pinch myself very very hard. Love valdes by the way one of my favourite goalkeepers of all time, a legend.

I'd still take the walsall striker if we Nugent leaves (probably for Derby)

With the calibre of players we're looking at I can't see us signing any lower league players.

Depends on the talent. Tom Bradshaw could have a real bright future ahead of him.

After spending most of the last three months out of the country I feel I have re-entered a parallel universe, Valdes and Subotic, with Van Persie talked of as well. Has this really happened in 12 short months since we were discussing the merits of Walsall strikers and Crystal Palace reserves, wow I need to pinch myself very very hard. Love valdes by the way one of my favourite goalkeepers of all time, a legend.

I'd still take the walsall striker if we Nugent leaves (probably for Derby)

With the calibre of players we're looking at I can't see us signing any lower league players.

Will leave Burnley and the mackems to fight it out for the lower league players

Subotic would be a great signing! We seem to be strengthening all areas of the pitch.. My only concern is still up front, RW and RB. But the way it's going we'll probs just go snatch Lewandowski, Messi and Ramos to sort this out.

sakho just handed in a transfer request at west ham. always liked him big strong guy, i hope we are in or him. big sam might be after him though. i'd imagine west ham won't sell him and he knows of interest from teams so is forcing a move.

our defence will be unreal. subotic was class a couple of years ago, after a season with a bad injury and another poor season afterwards. its not put me off, he could be a great signing. 

subotic (leader) espinosa (leader) ayala (leader) gibson (local hero). i'd bet thats about as good as it gets outside the top 10 in the league at CB. defence full of leaders like that is a flippin strong backbone. add in clayton, leadbitter and de roon we'll be hard to beat again.

Dont normally get excited about defenders but AK makes defenders even better. Really looking foreard to the season starting.

If Neven Subotic signs what does this mean for Gibbo and Ayala? will one of them be sold? will one move to the bench?

3 central defenders and only 2 spots up for grabs someone will be disappointed...

I have a saints fan friend who says Valdez is a washout! Envy much?

We will get a lot of that until he hopefully proves that he is still a top keeper.

If Neven Subotic signs what does this mean for Gibbo and Ayala? will one of them be sold? will one move to the bench?

3 central defenders and only 2 spots up for grabs someone will be disappointed...

Espinoza is 4.

http://www.hitc.com/en-gb/2016/07/07/middlesbrough-keen-on-neven-subotic/?

"Question marks remain over the future of Daniel Ayala, HITC Sport understands.

Boro are growing frustrated with a lack of progress over a new deal for Ayala, who first opened talks at the beginning of the year and just a few weeks ago the club were confident he would soon put pen to paper.

Ayala was one of a number of players to fall out with boss Aitor Karanka last season but it was understood within the club that everything was settled and the Spaniard would commit to a new long-term deal, with his current contract due to expire next year.

However, despite talks, a new deal has not been signed and Boro are now ready to move him on if they cannot get a commitment from him. HITC Sport understands they want a decision very soon from the player who was widely regarded as the best defender in the Championship last season and ideally they wanted the new deal signed before pre-season started this week."