oneBoro Forum

Summer 2016 Transfer window

Btw, when I'm on the computer and try to reply to a post I get a pop-up in the "post subject" that I have to type 85 or less characters. Never had that before and there is no problem via phone. Does anyone else get that, when they reply via computer?

Just had it this morning....

• Replies 18.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Theres a lot to be said for buying early, a few things that we have beenfitted from that other clubs will struggle with. Maybe stating the obvious but my observations are as follows:

1. We've bought players who have not been at the Euros, this means they benefit from a full pre season, which is good for team cohesion. We don't have to give players extra break and they can get up to speed.

2. An extensive scouting network which means we aren't held to ransom on players. Lets take Fischer for example, been scouted for years, red flag pops up as he falls out of faviour at Ajax, acted swiftly before new manager makes his mind up, measn we get a great price. Astute business.

3. Not getting tangled in pricing wars with domestic players. You just have to look at the money being thrown around for the likes of Deeney, Benteke and the such.

4. Marquee signing. Victor Valdes. This is a statement of intent, it will also go some way to attracting players in August when we may need the final piece to the jigsaw.

Impressive from boro. One thing I can sense is boro fans gettign anxious about a new striker. I would ask us to be patient as I reckon this might not happen before the season if at all. We may buy a back up. Lets not forget the Rhodes is exceptional at Championship level, and he may make the step up.

Just had a wee look at Atletico Madrids squad after they have signed Vrsjalko at right back. They also have Juanfran so I wanted to see who could potentially become surplus. They have Manquillo who has just returned after a very succesfull loan spell at M***ille. I actually thought they had sold him. He won't get any gametime next year with Juanfran and Vrsjalko ahead of him. Remember him as a huge talent when Liverpool first loaned him two years ago. He is only 22 and need to be playing regularly and he must be doing something right to get 43 games for M***ille last season. He will obviously have suiters but with Karanka, Valdes and Ayala at the club I reckon we could be in with a shot. He can cover LB too comfortably.

I said it earlier in the thread but I would like us to go for Djibril Sidibe for RB. Might cost £10 mill plus like.

I think ***nal are in negotiation with Lille regarding Sidibe. At least according to the Sun.

All I will say is Steve Gibson you never ever let us boro fans down!

Gordon Strachan and the transfer policy at the time

The ticket pricing structure for the new season

With regards to the Strachan era... Gibson did what any good chairman does and stuck with the managers ideas!!

Season ticket structure ultimately wasn't thought out overly well! That said the renewel scheme was correct in my eyes but I can 100% see why fans were / are disgruntled.

With regards to the Strachan era... Gibson did what any good chairman does and stuck with the managers ideas!!

Season ticket structure ultimately wasn't thought out overly well! That said the renewel scheme was correct in my eyes but I can 100% see why fans were / are disgruntled.

Gibson is human like the rest of us and in the general he is very good. Point I'm making he is open to criticism, he lets us down with the appointment of Strachan, and put the club back years.

This Spanish invasion on teeside could do wonders. Might be looking at a very good squad if we get these targets and I'd expect us to safely survive and more if we got those.

Is anyone worried that this all might fall apart when Karanka leaves? And i include the club structure in that statement.

All this publicity is great. Even if we don't sign the likes of Subotic, RVP, Falcao, Negredo, etc, it's going to help our chances of signing others in my opinion. Think of the likes of Praet, Ziyech, etc who may have been put off us simply due to the stature of our club. Next thing they see Valdes signing and the likes of those named above being linked. Suddenly we become a much better looking prospect!

I think this is a major plus in signing Vales. Agree 100%

I thought Ramirez problem was that pre contract meant he had joined a low category league otherwise a permit would have been easy.

Subotic is coming from a category 1 league so it should be straight forward.

And apparently Karanka flounced because the player who instigated the meeting went over karankas head and took the players concerns straight to Gibson.

I don't think that assumption is correct.

Gibson is human like the rest of us and in the general he is very good. Point I'm making he is open to criticism, he lets us down with the appointment of Strachan, and put the club back years.

I honestly don't know how anyone can be critical of Steve Gibson, what he has done with this club should have everyone eternally grateful, without him there is no Middlesbrough Football Club!

I said it earlier in the thread but I would like us to go for Djibril Sidibe for RB. Might cost £10 mill plus like.

I think ***nal are in negotiation with Lille regarding Sidibe. At least according to the Sun.

He plays LB anyway, and I don't think we're in the market for a replacement for George.

I honestly don't know how anyone can be critical of Steve Gibson, what he has done with this club should have everyone eternally grateful, without him there is no Middlesbrough Football Club!

Everyone deserves criticism at times, otherwise we risk becoming complacent. Overall SG has done a fantastic job for us, but if he were to surround himself with yes men who idolise and never criticise him, the club would start to slide for sure.

He will be criticised for things people feel he does wrong, just like anyone. It doesn't take away from the saviour-esque view people have of him.

Look at Mogga, we weren't making any real progress on the pitch with him and though we hated to say it, he had to go. But since then, the fondest memories of him have remained. He won't be remembered for getting the tactics or the player selection wrong. He'll still be remembered for what he gave to us as a player and a captain as well as guiding the club through a tough financial situation and avoiding relegation following Strachan's mess.

I personally hold Steve Gibson in the highest regard, as much I can for someone i know. He has turned this club right round etc etc.

No ones perfect, and we all make mistakes and mistakes let people down

"There are concerns he (Neven Subotic) will struggle to get a work permit"

http://www.thenorthernecho.co.uk/sport/14605902.Neven_Subotic_impressed_by_Boro_but_deal_will_be_tricky_to_tie_up/

i doubt it, top league player with lots of medals, and regular international until he retired from the national team early.

Will be a technical rejection and immediate win on appeal