oneBoro Forum

Summer 2016 Transfer window

To be honest, I'd like anyone that's not happy, or has the potential to cause trouble to leave. We've seen with the likes of Leicester, and dare I say it Wales have done with a bit of decent team spirit.

We need our team spirit to survive next season, and anyone that doesn't want to be a part of it, no matter how good they are, shouldn't be at the club.

• Replies 18.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

When it comes to what happened during the bust up last season we are all relying on the info given out on here or other reputable or less reputable outlets to base our opinions on.

As someone who wasnt there or has any links whatsoever with people who were or had been its been interesting to read the different accounts that have surfaced since then, each time a new account emerges im left with a different opinion about it, the only thing that remains constant is that half of me wants to know exactly what happened so i can have an accurate view as to the events, the other side of me thinks all this should remain private and tittle tattle only serves the enemy.

As such im left in a position whereby all i can do is remember that “Understanding is a three edged sword: your side, their side, and the truth.” and look forward to the coming season.

To be honest, I'd like anyone that's not happy, or has the potential to cause trouble to leave. We've seen with the likes of Leicester, and dare I say it Wales have done with a bit of decent team spirit.

We need our team spirit to survive next season, and anyone that doesn't want to be a part of it, no matter how good they are, shouldn't be at the club.

This... ^^^^

No player is bigger than the club player's come and go.

If there really was a hangover from the problems, does anyone really think we'd have gone 9 or 10 games or whatever it was unbeaten till the end of the season after that and got promotion?

They clearly sorted their problems out and the Leadbitter/Aitor man love looked pretty genuine to me!

I'm sure it was a storm in a teacup and I doubt there is much bad feeling now.

People fall out all the time at work and in football i'm sure stuff like this happens more often than you'd think

As long as Aitor has learned the lesson in man management i've got no worries about it

I was told it was downing and woodgate. From a guy who goes in the same golf club as woody. Woody received a text from Aitor asking him to have a word with some of the more senior players to try and kick their asses into gear as some weren't performing e.g. downing. Some of them hit the roof and downing caused a bit of a scene. Hence the divide in the changing rooms.

I understood Leadbitter to be the peacemaker following all that, hosting the emergency meeting at his pad.

A few days without a transfer and every regurgitated bit of hearsay and nonsensical gossip from the streets of Boro get brought up and conspiracy theories are spun!

Maybe they was a bit of a fallout, maybe everyone in the squad isn't the best of friends but I love my job and it doesn't mean there isn't fallouts or that's love everyone in Work with.

No one on here knows what happened and hopefully no one ever will as it means scores were settled and it all forgotten about.

I was told it was downing and woodgate. From a guy who goes in the same golf club as woody. Woody received a text from Aitor asking him to have a word with some of the more senior players to try and kick their asses into gear as some weren't performing e.g. downing. Some of them hit the roof and downing caused a bit of a scene. Hence the divide in the changing rooms.

I understood Leadbitter to be the peacemaker following all that, hosting the emergency meeting at his pad.

Got to be a lesson there. Do your own dirty work  :)

Perhaps he'd tried already and wasn't getting a reaction. Who knows? Going through woody would make sense though with them being related now and supposedly woody was a more senior member of the squad. I'm sure he wasn't expecting that kind of backlash. All were under the bridge now I guess. We got promoted. If the players who had an issue still have an issue then I'd be saying bye bye.

Just posting what I'd heard. Grapevines are wonderful things :D

Back on topic. This season is shaping up to be the best since the UEFA cup days. Bring it back Aitor.

A few more signings and we've absolutely nailed the recruitment. I couldn't have done a better job on FM after selling an academy player for 200 million to Man City

Anyone else heard whispers of Wilfried Bony from Man City? Would be the ideal striker we are looking for & City are looking to sell a lot of players to rebuild

Agree but there have been no rumours. I can't see us matching his wages either. At city he is surely on 120k+. Would be a huge signing though. Strong and direct and a good finisher.

Let's stop all the speculation regarding last season, I think the celebrations showed against brighton that it was all in the past and everyone had moved forward, plus it's not relevant to this thread!

Hope ayala stays but would also love to see subotic... could AK be bringing players in by changing the system (full backs and 3 centre halves?

Negredo would be an awesome signing