oneBoro Forum

Summer 2016 Transfer window

This wait to see if we are good enough to match subotic's ambition will be a painful one, especially as we don't know whats happening with ayala yet.

Any updates yet Lurker?

No updates on either. 

I think & hope Subotic will end up here. Seems like his agent is touting him around.

• Replies 18.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I think some people don't quite understand the role of the striker in the system that Karanka plays.

A striker regardless of quality is unlikely to be prolific under the system. His role is to bring in other players, hold up play, lay the ball off, stretch the defence and make space for others to run into.

Negredo fits that perfectly.

Also Rhodes and Negredo in my opinion are completely different types of players. Nugent is a poor mans Negredo.

I think some people don't quite understand the role of the striker in the system that Karanka plays.

A striker regardless of quality is unlikely to be prolific under the system. His role is to bring in other players, hold up play, lay the ball off, stretch the defence and make space for others to run into.

Negredo fits that perfectly.

Also Rhodes and Negredo in my opinion are completely different types of players. Nugent is a poor mans Negredo.

really ron? i always seen negredo as a box player, nugent is anywhere but in the box  :D

So are we going to be paying Negredo in the region of £100k+ per week?

Don't know and it's up to Gibson to decide. I suppose we are taking his contract for the season, but there won't be a fee involved, so essentially we are paying around 5 million for the season everything included. Should be no problem considering we are not stuck with him if he doesn't perform.

Where's that Dutch chap who registered when we signed Fischer? The one who delighted in telling us we could never attract big names.

I wonder what he thinks to the signing of Valdes and the potential signings of Subotic and Negredo...

Doesn't it seem to be quite a popular option nowadays to just pay the year's contract up front as a fee so Valencia would keep paying him?

Didn't Chelsea do that with Falcao for example? Or was that just the estimated cost to Chelsea mentioned in the media based on a year's wages?

Where's that Dutch chap who registered when we signed Fischer? The one who delighted in telling us we could never attract big names.

I wonder what he thinks to the signing of Valdes and the potential signings of Subotic and Negredo...

Yeah, but these players are not from the Dutch league. You know, the home of superstars where only the best of the best clubs can sign players from :angel:

Anyways, if we can sign these kinds of players I'm sure we could also attract someone like Ziyech who has just been relegated with his club. Providing we actually had an interest.

Yeah, but these players are not from the Dutch league. You know, the home of superstars where only the best of the best clubs can sign players from :angel:

Anyways, if we can sign these kinds of players I'm sure we could also attract someone like Ziyech who has just been relegated with his club. Providing we actually had an interest.

I think their club actually got unrelegated again BTW.

I think their club actually got unrelegated again BTW.

HA, what a circus. There must be another club that is right ***ed off