oneBoro Forum

Summer 2016 Transfer window

Negredo has been pictured training with Valencia this morning, hopefully for the last time. No sign of Barragan.

Do Valencia start training that early. Clubs usually start around 10

• Replies 18.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Negredo has been pictured training with Valencia this morning, hopefully for the last time. No sign of Barragan.

Do Valencia start training that early.  Clubs usually start around 10

There were pictures of them training earlier this week, so perhaps it's those pictures.

It's look like we may get a break through with Subotic today, ***nal look to have ended their interest and bid for Rugani at Juventus.

Maybe Subotic has agreed to join us instead of them which has forced them to look elsewhere?

On the other hand they just might not have even been in for him (which I suspect is the more likely)

*Crosses everything he can*

Without wincing...

...or mincing.

I really would like Subotic to come. Would be more buzzing about him, than Negredo. Obviously I'd love to have both. Still got a concern about Ayala, and if we had Subotic through the door, it would put my mind at ease.

Latest Gazette update says Barragan will arrive for a medical today and the clubs are haggling over the financial terms regarding Negredo. Sounds like it's just a matter of time before it's resolved.

What developments are we Expecting today then? :)

Hopefully some significant ones either way.. We've spent a lot of time of these transfers so I want them done one way or another so we can start bedding them in or moving on to other targets

I can't believe we have only just applied for Gaston's work permit, I assume it'll take a couple of weeks from now and that doesn't leave us much time to find a replacement before the season starts if it gets rejected

I have trust in the professional people we employ who have far more knowledge about procedure and permits than we have

Latest Gazette update says Barragan will arrive for a medical today and the clubs are haggling over the financial terms regarding Negredo. Sounds like it's just a matter of time before it's resolved.

it's to our advantage that they need to sell and we're again proving we as a club are not the mugs we used to be.

True, estonpidge. They'll be well aware that other than us, the only other suitors appear to be from China where Negredo is not willing to go.

As much as we see Negredo as being a good signing for us, we're well aware that any potential financial gain from this deal will be beneficial to Valencia and I'm sure we're more than happy to leave the deal as it is and move on should this not suit us.

I'd be interested in seeing if the Negredo deal fell through whether Barragan would actually be allowed to join us. It's been mentioned that we've probably paid over the odds on him to help the Negredo deal along, but that's not signed and sealed yet. We could very well pull out on that deal, or at the very least attempt to re-negotiate it, should we not be able to sort out the Negredo deal.

I do somewhat doubt whether Barragan was ever on our list to begin with, more likely that Valencia put him on the table after seeing that we needed a right-back and we then did a bit more digging on him to see if he'd be suitable as well as being able to help the deal for Negredo to go through.

Hasn't it been mentioned that Karanka has kept an eye on Barragan for two years? I'm pretty sure we are not just signing someone we haven't looked at extensively.

Hasn't it been mentioned that Karanka has kept an eye on Barragan for two years? I'm pretty sure we are not just signing someone we haven't looked at extensively.

think the days of us signing someone from youtube are over. AK won't stand for it.

Karanka has said that about pretty much every player we have signed from Nugent to Valdes.

We probably have a large scouting database that covers thousands of players and narrowed down those players to ones who suit our style of play. Then they probably keep an eye on these players over the years and send some scouts to watch them a few games a season to add more depth to their scouting reports.

This guy was probably on the list but not that high up on it, but have seen that we can use him as a bargaining tool to lure a high priority signing in Negredo.

This is not fact btw, just opinion but I'm really really clever and it's probably right.

think the days of us signing someone from youtube are over. AK won't stand for it.

De Pena was a YouTube signing. ;)

I still hope and feel he will come good like.