oneBoro Forum

Summer 2016 Transfer window

Anyone heard anything about Nugent moving on? Bit of chatter on fmttm but it's hardly trustworthy

Spoke to a couple of traders on Betfair the other day who said Newcastle had asked about his availability and they are also monitoring the situation with Ayala.

• Replies 18.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

This may be a bit controversial but I personally feel that Ayala is a championship level player.

If he won't sign a new contract then I hope we sell him, and quickly bring in someone else to challenge Gibson/Subotic/Espinosa.

Thanks for all the news Lurker.

didn't you have some info on the ayala contract situation B41L?

Was told not to worry, all parties keen, negotiations ongoing - last bit of news I had was several days ago but the club and gazette pretty much said the same thing as I've heard about 24hrs later. Will see Ida I can get any further news this weekend as it is starting to look worrying and was told it was imminent.

Losing Ayala would be a bitter blow. He was outstanding last season, our record with him in the team is phenomenal. Not saying Subotic and Espinosa won't have the same impact but Ayala could potentially mature into one of the best CB's in England if he carries on his development. I'd be gutted if he leaves us to join one of our rivals. Please Ayala, stay.

I wouldn't want us to lose Ayala. Superb defender, a head like a magnet for getting to the ball in the air in the area, instrumental in our promotion, absolutely deserving of a chance in the Premiership and even if we had failed to get promotion, I think teams would have been courting him from the top flight. There's far worse defenders in the Premier than Ayala, and I sincerely hope a contract can be sorted.

Ayala was our best player last season. Re-signing him should've been a priority. He's a vital player for us even a***st the new signings.

Maybe the fall out hasn't completely healed?

Perhaps Ayala wasnt happy with the early bird contract offer. The only thing I can think is he has been told there is genuine interest from a team significantly bigger than us in terms of stature perhaps Liverpool or the like. Otherwise it seems baffling why firstly he would want to go given the amount of game time he would get here. Right now the buzz around the place, players we have coming in and the fact we are in the premier league it makes you wonder why would he not want to stay. On the other hand why on earth arent Middlesbrough doing everything they can to ensure he remains here beyond next season.

The only other suggestion is the relationship between him and AK is irreconcilable although they have done very well to hide it since that dark day.

I'd like Ayala to stay, this all seems a bit stupid from my perspective. Obviously I don't know the whole story and am piecing together what I know but surely everyone can just be an adult about the situation. Sit down, hash it out and get the man signed up.

Transfer wise, assuming Negredo, Ramirez, Subotic and Barragan are done, I'd still like us to (in order of importance):

- Sign a quality RW/RAM

- Cover at LB

- Cover at LW or #10 (the position other to the one Karanka sees as Downing's best)

- Move on all of those surplus (Carayol and Baptiste) and secure decent season long loans for players (De Pena, Reach and Husband) with the option of recall.

- Sign Babacar and lose a striker to facilitate

- Sell Adomah if we can get a decent fee and provided we have a) signed a quality replacement and b) still have Stuani

On the Ayala out front, would people be happy with Fry as our 4th choice CB? I'm warming of the idea if Ayala leaves.

I'd like Ayala to stay, this all seems a bit stupid from my perspective. Obviously I don't know the whole story and am piecing together what I know but surely everyone can just be an adult about the situation. Sit down, hash it out and get the man signed up.

Transfer wise, assuming Negredo, Ramirez, Subotic and Barragan are done, I'd still like us to (in order of importance):

- Sign a quality RW/RAM

- Cover at LB

- Cover at LW or #10 (the position other to the one Karanka sees as Downing's best)

- Move on all of those surplus (Carayol and Baptiste) and secure decent season long loans for players (De Pena, Reach and Husband) with the option of recall.

- Sign Babacar and lose a striker to facilitate

- Sell Adomah if we can get a decent fee and provided we have a) signed a quality replacement and b) still have Stuani

On the Ayala out front, would people be happy with Fry as our 4th choice CB? I'm warming of the idea if Ayala leaves.

I like Fry, I think he has a lot of potential but its way too soon having to rely on a teen in the event of injuries particularly in the top flight against world class players. He needs to go out on loan and get more experience. We need to sign someone with more experience if Ayala was to leave. Kalas would have been my choice but he's gone now so I'm sure AK and Gibbo will have something up their sleeve if Ayala doesn't stay on.

I think he'll end up signing on, he probably just told his agent to get as much money as he can and this is his way of doing it. When he realises he won't get offered a better contract by us he'll sign the one we've left on the table for him.

we can only offer Ayala a contract not make him sign it, maybe he's not feeling the love, maybe he's had his head turned, maybe he thinks he's worth more, maybe his ankle issues are causing the club to tweek the deal in a more playing bonus way

Could be any/all/none of these but the signing of 2 CB's should focus his mind one way or the other.