oneBoro Forum

Summer 2016 Transfer window

Que sera, sera. Whatever will be, will be.

We're signing Subotic. Que sera, sera.

Aye, doubt I'd be so laid back about the Ayala stuff if we didn't have Subotic all-but signed :D

Remember many rating him higher than Hummels a few years back...

• Replies 18.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

from the EG:

OwnGoalNigeria.com (who?) claim Boro are keen on Heerenveen defender Kenneth Otigba.

The 23-year-old has been told he can leave the Dutch club this summer, according to reports.

And Boro, Derby County and Turkish side Trabzonspor are three of the teams interested, apparently.

Ayala was our best player last season. Re-signing him should've been a priority. He's a vital player for us even a***st the new signings.

Maybe the fall out hasn't completely healed?

From what I was told this is an issue and has resurfaced with his current injury. 

If he wasn't happy with what he's been offered, he'll have then seen others coming in on big money so may be looking for more. 

Hopefully it gets done, shouldn't be overlooked just how good he was for us and how much we struggled without him. 

IMO he's a much better CB than Gibson

I'd like Ayala to stay, this all seems a bit stupid from my perspective. Obviously I don't know the whole story and am piecing together what I know but surely everyone can just be an adult about the situation. Sit down, hash it out and get the man signed up.

Transfer wise, assuming Negredo, Ramirez, Subotic and Barragan are done, I'd still like us to (in order of importance):

- Sign a quality RW/RAM

that would be nice, but i'm struggling to think of a past boro team who had a two wingers on either side who were great. albert gives us great balance on the right, i'm not concerned about him.

- Cover at LB

Agree

- Cover at LW or #10 (the position other to the one Karanka sees as Downing's best)

LW-We currently have downing, fischer, de pena and reach. until we see fischer we wont know if we are still a little weak there. same for reach, he might be unto it now. dont see the point in signing another until we see it current options are up to it.

10- Ramirez with downing, fischer and reach able to play there. could be our weakest attacking position. Could also be fine, ramirez might be great again, downing might wake up??

- Move on all of those surplus (Carayol and Baptiste) and secure decent season long loans for players (De Pena, Reach and Husband) with the option of recall.

Yes agree get the lads on the very fringe out on loan, great idea again. sell the lads like carayol they are a waste of a wage.

- Sign Babacar and lose a striker to facilitate.

Why though, nuge might not be good enough to start, but hes proved a very good impact sub. i think i'd prefer to stick to what we have + negredo. i want rhodes to get game time, needs that chance to prove himself. i dont want a random striker who might be good or equally might be useless taking his game time.

- Sell Adomah if we can get a decent fee and provided we have a) signed a quality replacement and b) still have Stuani.

Why not sell stuani then? albert is a much better right winger. seems odd to weaken an area we dont need to. sell the back up not the first choice, thats how to improve.

On the Ayala out front, would people be happy with Fry as our 4th choice CB? I'm warming of the idea if Ayala leaves.

No i want fry out on loan, he dd great when he come into the team, but if ayala/gibson put in similar performances we'd be slating them. hes not ready for the step up. needs more experiance and game time playing against men.

Hearing some rumours this morning that we have asked about the availability of Meite (aka The Beast) from PSG.

we'd have seen him play against our kids in uefa champs league? left winger, wonder if hes a development signing or would be considered for the first team?

http://canal-supporters.com/2016/07/yakou-meite-devrait-sorienter-vers-langleterre-lequipe/

=

"meite

Yakou Meite "should move to England" (L'Equipe)

Author Redaction In Mercato , PSG News 4 minutes before

If PSG has limited the damage by signing many young professional talent training, after Mamadou Doucoure party Borussia Mönchengladbach, another Titi should leave the club: Yakou Meite , absent from training in Austria. In the end trainee contract, the Ivorian striker of 20 years would be followed by several clubs in Italy such as Genoa , but should move to England (Crystal Palace, Middlesbrough), reports L'Equipe . Transfer could be achieved in the coming days."

Is this the guy that tore us apart in the UEFA Youth League? If so he was head and shoulders above every player on the pitch and definitely someone we should look at.

Hearing some rumours this morning that we have asked about the availability of Meite (aka The Beast) from PSG.

Would love a few young raw talents in our squad these next couple of seasons, he certainly looks the part and he absolutely dominated our lads in the youth champions league

I doubt he would be welcome in our changing room. Especially after he murdered one of our youth players... :D

www.instagram.com/p/BFwgctfyEzf/?taken-by=yaks75