• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Why are Palace named in all the links we have with players? Hopefully Karanka and our facilities is a bigger pull than Pardew

Location is a big pull,especially for foreign players. London or Middlesbrough, no contest

Why are Palace named in all the links we have with players? Hopefully Karanka and our facilities is a bigger pull than Pardew

Location is a big pull,especially for foreign players. London or Middlesbrough, no contest

Really depends what you are looking for though. I can see young players being more attracted to the limelight of London but more mature professionals, like Negredo and Subotic, might seek quiter surroundings to let them focus on football and family. It's not like they are stuck here forever or can't leave for short trips. It's not like they have much time in the weekends anyway. And a 20 year old might think that our facilites and setup will be a better gamble than a London club.

Just read this quote on Negredo "If he can replicate the form shown during his first few months at City then it could prove to be quite a coup, with Negredo at one point on a run of 19 goals from 20 games."

Hope he hits the ground running like that.

Ayala was our best player last season. Re-signing him should've been a priority. He's a vital player for us even a***st the new signings.

Maybe the fall out hasn't completely healed?

Agree with this. Have to think there's still some bad blood there.

Tying Ayala down to a new contract should obviously be a priority but the club still need to stick to their evaluations. He's obviously been given a contract that the club feels is sufficient for a player who has yet to prove himself in the top flight. We don't have an idea what Ayala wants and what the club is willing to give. Maybe Ayala thinks he is worth more than the club is willing to pay. I have no problem with that, but if there aren't bigger clubs coming in for him he may realise that he isn't worth as múch as he thinks. As it is he is a very good Championship defender and that is what outsiders will see. Do well in the Prem the path is open to a bigger contract.

If there is something personal going on it may just be best for all parties to part ways, but given that the club has actually offered him a contract I can't see the personal stuff being a huge issue.

Joel Campbell has been told he can leave ***nal. I certainly wouldn't mind him on the the right.

I agree, he'd be a very good option, still with potential too. Not to mention PL experience, albeit limited. Not sure what wages he'd be on, but unlikely to be out of reach I would have thought.

If the club somehow should choose who to keep from Gibson and Ayala?

Am I way off here, or could that be a scenario? Just guessing.

Nah, the only way I could see Gibson leave would be to Everton or somewhere for £15 million+. He'll be well eager to play with Boro in the PL. This is all an issue with Ayala.

Joel Campbell has been told he can leave ***nal. I certainly wouldn't mind him on the the right.

Not a fan, personally. Out of the fair few times I've seen him play for ***nal, he's had like one good game. He has been in and out of the side the past year.

I also don't see him as someone who will fit in our system. Much better when wide of a front 3 with not much to think about defensively.

Surely there are better options out there than Campbell. Personally I don't think he would improve us a great deal and coming from ***nal it would probably be an expensive deal regarding both fees and wages. To me he is too inconsistent. He'd probably cost more than continental players like Ziyech and Praet too (althought they are obviously unproven in a top league).