oneBoro Forum

Summer 2016 Transfer window

If everything goes to plan over the next few days we have strengthened the whole spine of our team, Valdez - Subotic - De Roon  -  Ramirez  -  Negrado, and all by the middle of July, congratulations to our scouting teams and management. one hell of an achievement. What is still to do;

Barragan seems like a done deal, so Nsue is covered, (don't think he is good enough for the PL anyway)

Cover for Friend especially now Husband is injured, (De Laet loan again perhaps?)

Still think Ayala going is part of a plan, so further cover needed there perhaps

Happy with our defensive midfield, I think De Sart is a star in the making

Downing to cover for Ramirez

Rhodes and Negrado to vie for the striker role

2 attacking midfielders/ widemen to cover for Fischer and Adomah

Nugent, Round, De Pena, Stuani and Forshawe sold or loaned, (hard world pro football)

• Replies 18.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I'm probably in the minority but I'd rather have tied Ayala down to a new deal than signed subotic. Obviously I'd love both of them but Ayala has been immense for us over 2 years now. If it wasn't for at ayalas injury last year I think we would have been promoted. In that same 2 years subotic has been mostly injured so we aren't exactly sure if he will be back to his best and we certainly don't know if he will work well with gibson

If Campbell was an option then I'd be looking at loan with option to buy. Highly unlikely is that transfer though. He'll end up playing champions league for a foreign team if he moves I reckon.

I don't want us to sign someone for the sake of cover. If we're making an outlay i want us to improve that position.

Pretty much this. There seems to be a lot of assumption that Friend will be absolutely fine playing in the Premier League. We need someone to properly compete with him for a starting spot, because if he turns out to be out of his depth, we're in trouble.

I don't want us to sign someone for the sake of cover. If we're making an outlay i want us to improve that position.

Absolutely agree, I did not mean cover in the sense of a 'back up' but more trying to cover two players for each position to guard against injury and loss of form

If everything goes to plan over the next few days we have strengthened the whole spine of our team, Valdez - Subotic - De Roon  -  Ramirez  -  Negrado, and all by the middle of July, congratulations to our scouting teams and management. one hell of an achievement. What is still to do;

Barragan seems like a done deal, so Nsue is covered, (don't think he is good enough for the PL anyway)

Cover for Friend especially now Husband is injured, (De Laet loan again perhaps?)

Still think Ayala going is part of a plan, so further cover needed there perhaps

Happy with our defensive midfield, I think De Sart is a star in the making

Downing to cover for Ramirez

Rhodes and Negrado to vie for the striker role

2 attacking midfielders/ widemen to cover for Fischer and Adomah

Nugent, Round, De Pena, Stuani and Forshawe sold or loaned, (hard world pro football)

Can,t disagree with much of that I also think Ayala is gone . Subotic, Gibson, Espinosa, Baptiste should be ok

Think we will see another forward in

I'm probably in the minority but I'd rather have tied Ayala down to a new deal than signed subotic. Obviously I'd love both of them but Ayala has been immense for us over 2 years now. If it wasn't for at ayalas injury last year I think we would have been promoted. In that same 2 years subotic has been mostly injured so we aren't exactly sure if he will be back to his best and we certainly don't know if he will work well with gibson

Agreed, think we would have went up if Ayala had stayed injury free in 14/15.

There's a part of me that agrees on the Ayala vs. Subotic argument too. I know he's been in the Championship but we can't argue he's looked above that level, many have been split between having him of their player of the year this season, even though he hasn't played as many games as Clayton. He has been probably the main reason behind our defensive success the past 2 years and losing that is going to be a blow.

Certainly when you lose a good defender, I feel it's difficult to bring in a replacement. I remember when we lost Southgate to being a full-time manager worrying the same thing, how could we replace him in that back 4?

Though that also should bring us back into the reality, if we do lose Ayala. We lost Southgate and we replaced him well with Woodgate (at least that first season, anyway). If we do lose Ayala, we've replaced him with Subotic, a defender with more experience in bigger competitions than the Championship.

I still think Ayala will stay but if he really doesn't, we could be in a much worse position.

Sorry if this has been asked before... Can we put players who are awaiting work permits through the medical or not until a permit is granted??

My answer to that is I have absolutely no idea :) I would guess that we could but probably wouldn't.

guys i dont want to cause any arguments about squads etc, but we have never had a squad of players with x2 for each position that are pretty much equally good/useful.

this current squad is about as close as i can remember, if ramirez, subotic, negredo and barragan deals get done anyhow.

even the big squad we had when in europe, loads of them were actually youth players and turned out to be a pretty poor standard compared to our current squad.

get these deals done consolidate in the league this season. next season will be the big one where we kick on for real.

Coentrao for the LB position? Out of favour at Madrid, knows Aitor well, sent out on loan last season.

Now you're talking. He would aim a bit higher though, I think. I'm warming to the idea of Santon.