oneBoro Forum

Summer 2016 Transfer window

With grants injury I don't think we'll move any cm on now. Also wouldn't be surprised if de sart is first choice by seasons end, he's supposed to be that good.

Im just looking at room in the squad if we keep 5 midfielders it probably means we cannot sign a winger. I dont see Karanka selling stuani either.

• Replies 18.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Coentrao for the LB position? Out of favour at Madrid, knows Aitor well, sent out on loan last season.

Used to really rate him a few years back, if that's the player we got I'd be over the moon. I don't know why he's spectacularly fallen away at Real though.

this current squad is about as close as i can remember, if ramirez, subotic, negredo and barragan deals get done anyhow.

get these deals done consolidate in the league this season. next season will be the big one where we kick on for real.

Couple of fairly substantial 'Ifs' there though isn't there,

1) getting those deals over the line

2) getting them to gel and play well enough to allow to us to 'consolidate' our position.

3) And then actually kicking on next season (assuming it hasn't all gone tits up).

To be honest I think the above is the aim of just about every team that gets promoted, with the exception of burnely who seem to be satisfied with being average and buying averagely.

I'd probably say our European squad had better individuals (viduka, Southgate and errr parnaby) supplemented with some poorer players but this squad would have more quality distributed through the ranks

Question, how many of the new players have played in the AK formation before ?

I think that only really matters for the attacking players, midfielders play with a partner in many systems and a back 4 is a back 4 so the defenders will be fine I imagine

De Sart won't be moved on. There's a lot of positive murmurings about him of late.

From who? I've literally only seen it on here?

There was a comment from one of the gazette lads the other day saying something along the lines of "We don't want to get too excited but there's whispers that we could have something very special on our hands with de Sart"

With grants injury I don't think we'll move any cm on now. Also wouldn't be surprised if de sart is first choice by seasons end, he's supposed to be that good.

Im just looking at room in the squad if we keep 5 midfielders it probably means we cannot sign a winger. I dont see Karanka selling stuani either.

I think stuani could go if an offer comes in at a reasonable price karanka would be more than happy to sell to free space up in the final squad to bring in a new winger personally I think reach could do a job there this season.