oneBoro Forum

Summer 2016 Transfer window

With grants injury I don't think we'll move any cm on now. Also wouldn't be surprised if de sart is first choice by seasons end, he's supposed to be that good.

Im just looking at room in the squad if we keep 5 midfielders it probably means we cannot sign a winger. I dont see Karanka selling stuani either.

I think stuani could go if an offer comes in at a reasonable price karanka would be more than happy to sell to free space up in the final squad to bring in a new winger personally I think reach could do a job there this season.

Like to welcome both CrossmanMFC and Fryguy98 to the forum, good to have you on board guys :)

• Replies 18.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

De Sart won't be moved on. There's a lot of positive murmurings about him of late.

From who? I've literally only seen it on here?

I have been told that the Middlesborugh players rate De Sart very highly.

Reading want Reach on loan and have enquired. Such a tough one for me

On weather we keep or get rid. I think every player deserves a chance this pre season,  De Pena included.

As much as I like Reach, he's simply not good enough for Premier League. We should just sell him to some Championship club and let him flourish.

De Sart won't be moved on. There's a lot of positive murmurings about him of late.

From who? I've literally only seen it on here?

I have been told that the Middlesborugh players rate De Sart very highly.

He looks the real deal to me. He'll make at least ten appearances for us this season.

reach is slowly getting better but still not quite at the level to start games regularly , im still undecided wether hes a  player we should sell or keep .  hes not costing us a massive amount in wages  and  maybe he could turn out to be a  good utility player to have around  . he might even be  a possibility with giudance to adapt to a wing back role as cover for george or a n other  in the not too distant future. 

might be worth loaning him once more with a  stipulation that he  plays in that position to check it out.

Definately loan for Reach if it's up to us. Just get his wages covered, as I can't see us getting anything over 2 million from a Championship club. Unless the takeover at Wolves is complete and we can absolutely fleece them. If, God forbid, we should go down again Reach is the perfect player to get back. I'd loan him out and see where we are next season. But I suppose it also depends on what he wants. He may not think a loan move will suit him and may want a permanent transfer.

I have said this before, but I think we should sell him but put a buy back clause into the deal so we have first refusal on him.

Let him focus on his development and having a permanant home where he is playing football should help that. He is a late developer in a sense that we picked him up from Gateshead college rather than through our academy so he needs to playing football in the next few years to catch up.

If he is a late developer and becomes a quality player then we will be able to buy him back for a relatively low pre-agreed fee.

I think one of De Pena or Reach will be included in our 25 man squad, I have a feeling it'll be De Pena as it will be harder to shift him out and he will feel he has a point to prove. Same could be said about Reach but the fact that Aitor sent him out on loan last season even though he played 40 odd games the season before suggests Aitor isn't a fan.

He's 24 this season, he's really going to want to have some sort of future sorted out sooner rather than later, you'd imagine. He's been in and around the team for 5 years already. It looked like 14/15 was going to be the making of him as a Boro player but then he was shipped out again after his first strong season in terms of appearances.

I know Aitor likes him. But I think from Reach's point of view, he must want to know where his future lies. He won't want to keep getting shipped out over and over again, certainly not so we have him as a fallback next year should we go down. And in terms of impressing Aitor, unless he was to miraculously go out on loan to a Prem club, what more can he actually do away from us?