oneBoro Forum

Summer 2016 Transfer window

Really hope we can get the other 3 (Subotic, Ramirez and Negredo) across the line soon.

After that I think we are one one world class winger and a contract for Ayala away from a very very strong outfit. I think we may see a short term loan deal for a left back as well

Then I see our squad like this:

GK - Valdes, Dimi, Mejias

DR - Barragan, Nsue

DC - Subotic, Ayala, Gibson, Espinosa

DL - Friend, Husband

MC - Clayton, De Roon, Leadbitter, Forshaw

AMR - New signing, Adomah

AML - Downing, Reach

AMC - Ramirez, Fischer

ST - Negredo, Rhodes, Stuani

• Replies 18.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I kinda thought that we might've done a double/triple announcement tonight but it seems it was not to be.

Frustrating because bringing in two from valencia is the perfect time for a double announcement!

Plus side is it gets us excited all over again when they do announce Negredo!

I think we should sell Baptiste, Carayol, De Pena (if we can, loan if not) and Nugent. I would also loan out Fry and De Sart. I hear what people are saying about De Sart being a great talent. But if he is such a talent, I don't think sitting on the bench behind Clayton and De Roon is going to help him develop. Send him to the Championship until January, toughen him up and then see if he's ready to make the step up at that stage.

Only full season loans this season I think. De Sart will get enough game time I think.

Considering what to watch on TV tonight? Anyone seen Barragan Hunters?

Might go to KFC for tea. How much is a Barragan Bucket?

Day out at the shops. Going to get some milk from Home Barragans.

I'm here all night fellas.

Really hope we can get the other 3 (Subotic, Ramirez and Negredo) across the line soon.

After that I think we are one one world class winger and a contract for Ayala away from a very very strong outfit. I think we may see a short term loan deal for a left back as well

DR - Barragan, Nsue

DL - Friend, Husband

AML - Downing, Reach

AMC - Ramirez, Fischer

karanka said he sees fischer as a left winger. so fischer, downing left wing and ramirez, downing at no10. also from all the positive stuff we keep hearing, i'd add de sart in the cdm to.

stuani if he was any good would have been played at cf for us more often. i reckon he's not up to playing as a lone striker. why else would AK never give him a look in, even when nugent was missing open goals every week.  :D

I think we'll have a full compliment of 25, and as it stands I see those as:

RB - Barragan, Nsue

CB - Subotic, Ayala, Gibson, Bernardo

LB - Friend, Husband

CDM - Clayton, De Roon, Leadbitter, De Sart, Forshaw

RM - Adomah, Stuani

LM - Fischer, De Pena/Reach

CAM - Ramirez, Downing

ST - Negredo, Rhodes, Nugent

That means Baptiste, Carayol and Reach/De Pena (loan) to leave. If we sign another winger/AM (preferably RM) I'd expect both Reach and De Pena to leave (loan), and if we sign another striker I'd expect Nugent to leave.

DR - Barragan, Nsue

DL - Friend, Husband

AML - Downing, Reach

AMC - Ramirez, Fischer

karanka said he sees fischer as a left winger. so fischer, downing left wing and ramirez, downing at no10. also from all the positive stuff we keep hearing, i'd add de sart in the cdm to.

stuani if he was any good would have been played at cf for us more often. i reckon he's not up to playing as a lone striker. why else would AK never give him a look in, even when nugent was missing open goals every week.  :D

As I mentioned in a separate post I think De Sart's development would be enhanced by getting him 3 months of first team football at a Championship football to get up to speed with the English game. If he's as good a talent as everyone seems to believe, I can't see how sitting on the bench behind De Roon and Clayton is going to help him fulfill his potential. Let him go out on loan to January and if he progresses as we expect then he'll be ready to challenge Clayton and De Roon for a first team spot from January on. In the mean time we have Leadbitter and Forshaw as very capable cover in CM.

I just put Fischer in AMC so it would balance better as I think Downing will be our starting LW and second choice AM.

Newcastle have been asking for Nugent for weeks now, said it ages ago

Hope we can fleece them. Make them pay over the odds.

I'd rather strengthen one of their promotion rivals than get a load of money off them.

Newcastle have been asking for Nugent for weeks now, said it ages ago

Hope we can fleece them. Make them pay over the odds.

I'd rather strengthen one of their promotion rivals than get a load of money off them.

I can't see him being the difference to their promotion hopes so we might as well bag some money. No one in the championship can pay as much as them.