oneBoro Forum

Summer 2016 Transfer window

They already have dwight gayle who will get goals, wether nugent signs or not won't matter, certain to leave I rekon. More chance of game time and an almost guaranteed promotion bonus.

• Replies 18.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Really hope we can get the other 3 (Subotic, Ramirez and Negredo) across the line soon.

After that I think we are one one world class winger and a contract for Ayala away from a very very strong outfit. I think we may see a short term loan deal for a left back as well

Then I see our squad like this:

GK - Valdes, Dimi, Mejias

DR - Barragan, Nsue

DC - Subotic, Ayala, Gibson, Espinosa

DL - Friend, Husband

MC - Clayton, De Roon, Leadbitter, Forshaw

AMR - New signing, Adomah

AML - Downing, Reach

AMC - Ramirez, Fischer

ST - Negredo, Rhodes, Stuani

karanka said he sees fischer as a left winger. so fischer, downing left wing and ramirez, downing at no10. also from all the positive stuff we keep hearing, i'd add de sart in the cdm to.

stuani if he was any good would have been played at cf for us more often. i reckon he's not up to playing as a lone striker. why else would AK never give him a look in, even when nugent was missing open goals every week.  :D

As I mentioned in a separate post I think De Sart's development would be enhanced by getting him 3 months of first team football at a Championship football to get up to speed with the English game. If he's as good a talent as everyone seems to believe, I can't see how sitting on the bench behind De Roon and Clayton is going to help him fulfill his potential. Let him go out on loan to January and if he progresses as we expect then he'll be ready to challenge Clayton and De Roon for a first team spot from January on. In the mean time we have Leadbitter and Forshaw as very capable cover in CM.

I just put Fischer in AMC so it would balance better as I think Downing will be our starting LW and second choice AM.

If he's the future of our CDM spot it could be more valuable for him to be in and around our first team squad, nailing the way Karanka likes the CDM to play etc, than going out on loan for 3 months into a possibly completely different system & style of play.

I think "meh" is about fair enough considering the standard of expectations the club has set with the other signings. Barragán seems solid but not particularly exciting.

I think "meh" is about fair enough considering the standard of expectations the club has set with the other signings. Barragán seems solid but not particularly exciting.

Over 100 games for a top Spanish side isn't exciting enough for you? :)

Some pepole, seriously.

If, God forbid, Ramirez doesn't get his WP, could we imagine this midfield?

de Roon     Clayton

Adomah                                       Fischer

de Sart

Apart from de Sart, yes.

If we don't get Ramirez we'll get someone else, if it takes a while Downing will play there.  Oh and I don't expect Fischer to be in the team at the start of the season.

Fry will probably go out on loan. I'd imagine if Ayala left that the backup would be Baptiste.

I can't imagine Baptiste backing anything up, never mind the centre-back position in a Premier League team.

Over 100 games for a top Spanish side isn't exciting enough for you? :)

Some pepole, seriously.

He's 29.  He's only played about 175 games and yes I know they've all been in the top Spanish division.

He's never been anywhere near a Spain squad.

I had my expectations raised by the Mandi link.

I'm sorry, and this is only my opinion, but I would rather have brought Kalas back rather than buy a second rate[in my opinion] Spanish full back.  Much, much rather.

Oh and yes, bring on the insults, because I've expressed an opinion.

Chocolate teapot indeed.  Ha F ha.

I'll be slightly disappointed if our first choice wingers are Fischer and Adomah. It's not fischers best position and Adomah has played all his career in the lower leagues. I expect downing to start the season ahead of Fischer if no one else is brought in.