• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I'm not applauding Burnley's transfer business. But I'm not guaranteeing them a relegation spot either. I think it's 3 of any 5 that could find themselves battling for league safety. The teams I think are

Boro... Newly promoted with a manager without any premier league experience. Also if we can't get our new signings to gel do the likes of Negredo, Ramirez etc have the stomach for a relegation scrap? On the other hand if we do get them to click I think we could be comfortably finish mid table.

Burnley..... Recruiting from the lower leagues is a risky strategy but they have been in the premier league recently as has their manager so could be a bit more savvy than us. But I think they need to add some real quality to their ranks

Hull.... See Burnley

Blunderland..... Have gotten away with been the fourth worse team in the league but they do have some seasoned campaigners. However if fat Sam goes to the England job they could be in real trouble.

Bournemouth... Had a horror show of a second half of the season lost a couple of players and as others have been mentioned could suffer with the second season syndrome.

Do I believe that could all happen? Probably not but as last season showed us. Expect anything :s

hull - will be nailed on for the drop, not a bad team at all though, play some nice stuff strong and powerful in attack. but seeing them fade away from an automatic spot like they did makes me think they might find themselves fading away back to the championship. they just lost their RB for 6 months and not improved the squad much yet. if they end up with a few desperate stop gaps later in the window like we did with southgate, they'll be down.

burnley - will battle onwards. they can grind like ***. might get them a decent number of points, they have a chance of staying up. same as our squad from last season would have. but dyche knows the score, i actually think they might survive.

swansea - have x2 decent attacker sigurdsson and ayew. if they add to that they might not even be in a relegation battle, but if they dont and they are off form, long winless runs on the cards again.

sunderland - no late run is going to save them this time, if sam goes they will be bottom all season i reckon.

palace - pardew used to get nuucastle playing great half half a season and gash the other half. now hes doing it at palace. i think they could be dragging in the mire this season. big signings aplenty same as his old team, that never changed performances either. they got worse the more he spent lol.

watford - no a good second half of the season, they got sussed out. could be a tough season for them to. changing managers like they do will eventually catch up with you.

bournemouth - ide for 15 million? they are nuts. signed some crap players. i think they will do okay but if they do get dragged in. they will struggle to play the nice footy with the massive pressure and will come unstuck big time.

west brom - seen them a couple of times, i think they'll do enough to stay clear of the relegation battle but hover above it all season.

stoke - they have some cracking players, but they seem to ship in a few goals. teams that do that are always capable of self destructing imo maybe a poor season in the offing, maybe? we'll see what they are made of early on. it will be a good gauge of where we stand.

US - we'll be sound, we'll stay strong and win enough to stay safe. thats the bottom ten covered i'd be happy with 10th :)

others - southampton may find themselves bottom half, same could be said for the champions but i doubt it. mahrez and kante gone wont make them a bottom half team, we'll see.

Speaking for myself here, I'm not complementing Burnley's current transfer activities. However, it is simply naive, and quite frankly ignorant, to just dismiss them as 'crap' without even debating the issue and considering some of the major factors.

Looks like nothing's going to get announced tonight. Please tomorrow please announce something :'(

We've already signed 6 players, half of the premier league haven't even signed anyone yet. Patience.

Speaking for myself here, I'm not complementing Burnley's current transfer activities. However, it is simply naive, and quite frankly ignorant, to just dismiss them as 'crap' without even debating the issue and considering some of the major factors.

Who has done that?

I agree completely atokus, surely if adomah, friend and clayton are going to be so great then you could say the same for lowton, Stephens and gudmundsson.

Gudmundsson has done it at a higher level than any of our championship level players so he can't be written off.

Barragan has done it at a "higher level" as well yet you written him off comparing him to a Swansea reserve.

Please quote the part where I wrote him off?

Plus the Swansea reserve is Angel Rangel who was a great full back so I hope he does turn out like that.

Once again, my point was we have done the equivalent of signing a mid table teams reserve full back. I used that as a relatable example to try and make my point over why I wasn't jumping round the room putting all my savings on us winning the league when it was announced we signed him.

Of course since no middle ground ever seems to exist in these places that meant I thought he was ***, I was moaning about our whole transfer business this summer and I wanted Karanka, Gibson and everyone else to leave....

No, once again I will say (as I said when I first posted this), "he will be a solid signing and will do the job". Pretty much word for word exactly what I said.

So quote me on how I 'wrote him off' and I will hold my hands up, at worst I over exaggerated by saying Swansea rather than a slightly more prestige team, fair enough. But the point still stands that I or anyone else shouldn't have to explain ourselves or be shot down for the crime of not totally exploding in excitement over every single signing.

And if your going to put words in my mouth at least make them the right words!

My problem with your point is that it is ignoring everything other than last season, when Valencia were in turmoil and went through three managers in the year. You forgot to mention that Barragan was their starting right back when they qualified for the champions league a season ago. You also didn't mention that he is a reserve to somebody they signed for €15m.

I fully understand your point that he isn't overly exciting as a signing, and I'd agree with you, but I think what got people's backs up was the Swansea comment as it really isn't similar when you look a bit deeper.