oneBoro Forum

Summer 2016 Transfer window

Kasami isn't a holding midfielder; he's more of a #10/RW. When he broke through at Fulham I really liked the type of player that he was. He scored that screamer away at Crystal Palace which most people will remember.

• Replies 18.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

one of their local reporters has just confirmed

Tim SpiersVerified account

‏@tim_spiers_Star

Wolves are interested in Middlesbrough's Adam Forshaw - just one name on a long list of targets. Boro not keen on selling for now.

I'd prefer to loan him out than sell him, we don't need the money but we might need him next season if we're back in the Champ

one of their local reporters has just confirmed

Tim SpiersVerified account

‏@tim_spiers_Star

Wolves are interested in Middlesbrough's Adam Forshaw - just one name on a long list of targets. Boro not keen on selling for now.

I'd prefer to loan him out than sell him, we don't need the money but we might need him next season if we're back in the Champ

That doesn't confirm the bid.

"Against Paraguay and Ecuador, Guzan showed the poise, composure, and big save ability Americans expect from their goalkeeper. It's not enough to make the saves you should make. We're a goalkeeper nation. You have to dazzle with acrobatic stops on shots with a seemingly impossible to deny goal-bound trajectory. You have to deny the world's best attackers when outnumbered on a fast break. For the last two matches, he did that."

Article - http://www.starsandstripesfc.com/2016/6/21/11952390/usa-argentina-brad-guzan-copa-america-semifinals

Im as baffled by this signing as most people seem to be, i havent written the guy off however although ive seen questionable performances. Apparently he rediscovered some decent form whilst playing under the same manager for more than a week that probably put a lot of confidence and trust in him. Lets see how he gets on under AK, i cant see Aitor giving out cuddles and a kiss on the forehead but he could be what the guy needs.

I think Forshaw would raise more than £2 million. Loaning him out would make a lot more sense to us as a very good season in the Championship would shoot his value up. If we sell him for a low price now then it could turn out like how Butterfield went for a far bigger fee to Derby a year after we sold him to Huddersfield, albeit with a decent percentage of next sale.

I'm really happy that we seem to have got Guzan close to signed. He's an upgrade on Dimi in my opinion. He has lots of experience in the Premier League too, and has been mentioned by managers as being a good professional and captain material, so I think he'll be a welcomed addition to complement our squad, as we have a lot of players that don't have Premier League experience. It's funny that we're going to have Valdes and Guzan battling it out for the #1 spot, a scenario that would have been hard to fathom a season ago, yet a large section of fans are getting their knickers in a twist.

I read an article earlier in the Summer which reported that, as things stood, there weren't going to be a single American goalkeeper in the Premier League for the first time in about 20 years or so. Apparently they get a lot of coverage in America as they have a reputation for them, so signing Guzan could make us more marketable over there. And maybe even a Summer camp next year if we manage to keep up. Obviously them sort of considerations comes secondary to ability, but it's a good bonus to have to the deal. I expect us to get a few new American fans signing up to the forum after he signs.

The American connection could very well be a factor in recruiting Guzan. To understand why, you need only listen to the strange notions that the American commentators express about our U23 squad in

of Saturday's match vs Atlanta Silverbacks. :)