Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Must be quite far along if Karanka is being so open about it

Most likely Filip Helander. I follow Serie A closely, but I have only watched one or two Hellas Verona games last season. He didn´t strike me as especially good, but the whole Hellas Verona team were really horrible to be honest.

Most likely Filip Helander. I follow Serie A closely, but I have only watched one or two Hellas Verona games last season. He didn´t strike me as especially good, but the whole Hellas Verona team were really horrible to be honest.

He doesen't really fit the bill of an experienced CB though, I really don't see what he'd offer us

He doesen't really fit the bill of an experienced CB though, I really don't see what he'd offer us

I agree. I´m just basing it on the current transfer rumours. I would not be happy with either Maguire or Helander. Hopefully AK has an ace up his sleeve  :shy:

I don't think it's Helander as we saw with De Roon when an Italian team get an offer it's plastered everywhere instantly to drum up more bids potentially.

If it's this far along and we haven't heard a peep it might be a free agent the only 2 CBs I can think of is Demichellis/Caceres.

Then again it might turn out to be a Michael Hector type signing from the Championship so I'm keeping my hopes low.

I don't think it's Helander as we saw with De Roon when an Italian team get an offer it's plastered everywhere instantly to drum up more bids potentially.

If it's this far along and we haven't heard a peep it might be a free agent the only 2 CBs I can think of is Demichellis/Caceres.

Then again it might turn out to be a Michael Hector type signing from the Championship so I'm keeping my hopes low.

Cacares is injured as well, I believe. He got a serious injury in early 2016 if I recall correctly and were supposed to be out for 6-8 months or so. Apart from that, he would be a cracking signing. He´s Uruguayan as well, so he will fit in I suppose.

But he is injured, isn't he? :/

Of course he is, I mean, no sarcasm, he really is injured. I don't know what he needs to do for people to believe him,

With regards to earlier conversation about our forward line maybe not being good enough, just remember Bournemouth stayed up with Junior Stanislas, Josh King, Glen Murray and Benik Afobe. I think we're better than people like to think.

Of course he is, I mean, no sarcasm, he really is injured. I don't know what he needs to do for people to believe him,

With regards to earlier conversation about our forward line maybe not being good enough, just remember Bournemouth stayed up with Junior Stanislas, Josh King, Glen Murray and Benik Afobe. I think we're better than people like to think.

They had pace, though. Allowing them to hit teams on the counter and get behind the defence. Not saying it's utter tripe, beyond any means as these new players need time to gel but we need some pace, badly. A Victor Moses etc.

They had pace, though. Allowing them to hit teams on the counter and get behind the defence. Not saying it's utter tripe, beyond any means as these new players need time to gel but we need some pace, badly. A Victor Moses etc.

Pace is always a bonus, but Aitor doesn't tend to play like that. We might need to next year I guess, we're not going to dominate possession like we did in the championship, I still think we have enough on the wings though. Downing isn't going to have two men on him every game, Fischer could be a revelation, Adomah is Adomah. I love Adomah. Others don't. Stuani, whilst not a winger, is excellent as a wide target man arriving late into the box, just means we have to focus our attacks down the left, George and Stewey/Viktor need to be on point with their delivery.