oneBoro Forum

Summer 2016 Transfer window

AK has a style of football he likes his teams to play with and buys players that have those qualities and will enhance what we have already.

In the time that he has been here, the voices calling out for more pace up front have been as consistent in their opinions as AK has been about not buying those type of players. I think its becoming clear that we will not be getting an injection of increased pace in the team during this window or possibly any until AK decides we need to change our style of play sufficiently to warrant buying players of a different type.

• Like 1
  • Replies 18.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Is 'dodgy' ankle the official diagnosis? Or do we just not know? If Aitor, who was clearly in a awful mood, hadn't made those comments last season would you be questioning anything?

Also, ask Dean Ashton how long you can be out with a dodgy ankle.

Well dodgey ankle or not I think he will be sold this window. He hasn't played any part in pre season it would take him a good few weeks to get up and running, we really can't afford to be carrying any passengers next season. I think we will cash in.

We probably should sell Espinosa too right? and Leadbitter. Because they haven't played any part in pre-season either. What's the difference?

I'm mot saying I would sell him but that's what I think will happen.

Sometimes I think you're just two totally different people.

For all of Friends good points it has to be said he's shocking in the final third (so is Adomah). His decision making and execution is really poor.

Considering how important our full backs are for providing width and crosses it's annoying how bad his crosses are. He put a couple of decent ones in today in the friendly like I think he's improved slightly in that department.

Where was Ayala today? I honestly don't think he's injured. Horrible feeling he will be off once we bring someone in to replace him.

Injured, just like Leadbitter and Espinosa.

You honestly believe he's injured? How long can you be out for with a dodgey ankle.

Get a grip lad for goodness sake.

Injured, just like Leadbitter and Espinosa.

You honestly believe he's injured? How long can you be out for with a dodgey ankle.

Is 'dodgy' ankle the official diagnosis? Or do we just not know? If Aitor, who was clearly in a awful mood, hadn't made those comments last season would you be questioning anything?

Well dodgey ankle or not I think he will be sold this window. He hasn't played any part in pre season it would take him a good few weeks to get up and running, we really can't afford to be carrying any passengers next season. I think we will cash in.

Are you talking about Ayala or Espinosa here? Jesus wept.

We know exactly what Espinosa's injury is and we have a timescale for his return, we know absolutely nothing on Ayala. Don't act like his contract situation has absolutely nothing to do with why he's not being picked.

I don't want to cause a fuss on it so end of subject.

It's completely normal for someone to go in to the last season of their contract with their futures undecided. Zlatan being the big one that comes to mind but really, hundreds of players each year and the majority sign new deals in that year.

Maybe Ayala fancies proving his worth in the Prem and if things go pear shaped for us then he has kept his options open.

He's injured, there is no evidence to disprove that and he's often had niggly injuries through his career so why would it not be believable?

It's completely normal for someone to go in to the last season of their contract with their futures undecided. Zlatan being the big one that comes to mind but really, hundreds of players each year and the majority sign new deals in that year.

Maybe Ayala fancies proving his worth in the Prem and if things go pear shaped for us then he has kept his options open.

He's injured, there is no evidence to disprove that and he's often had niggly injuries through his career so why would it not be believable?

This is exactly the point. He's hardly Dani 'never injured' Ayala is he? He's spent half his career injured. The problem is people believing some of the spurious rumours that are spouted on here sometimes. There's not a chance we would make ourselves worse by selling a defender that we'd have to spend an awful lot of money to properly replace.

This is exactly the point. He's hardly Dani 'never injured' Ayala is he? He's spent half his career injured. The problem is people believing some of the spurious rumours that are spouted on here sometimes. There's not a chance we would make ourselves worse by selling a defender that we'd have to spend an awful lot of money to properly replace.

Woah there, there's always a chance however small. Especially if a team stumped up the reported 15m, think we wouldn't let him go then?

I agree with nearly everything you say but let's slow down here, he's not completely irreplaceable for the right price.

Woah there, there's always a chance however small. Especially if a team stumped up the reported 15m, think we wouldn't let him go then?

I agree with nearly everything you say but let's slow down here, he's not completely irreplaceable for the right price.

Just a poor choice of words, soz. You know what I mean though. I also don't think we'll get £15mil for a guy with a year left on his contract.

We know exactly what Espinosa's injury is and we have a timescale for his return, we know absolutely nothing on Ayala. Don't act like his contract situation has absolutely nothing to do with why he's not being picked.

I don't want to cause a fuss on it so end of subject.

What would his contract situation have to do with it if he was unfit to play? He's injured, we know he's had a dodgy ankle pretty much from day one, he's been in and out of the side since he first signed with us because of it. Regardless of what happened last season, he was ultimately out of the side because of his injury as he himself didn't feel fit enough to play. I find it difficult to see why you can't acknowledge him being injured right now because AK thought he wasn't last year.

Don't get me wrong, I know we've heard plenty in this thread from people who know about Ayala's situation and the contract problems. But he's been involved with the squad as much as Espinosa has as far as I understand so I've no reason to believe right now that his contract situation is anything to do with him not playing.

Saw it mentioned on FMTTM but Ashley Young anyone? Would solve our winger 'issue' and also can fill in at left back if needed. Personally think he would be a good signing.