oneBoro Forum

Summer 2016 Transfer window

Whilst it will never happen I feel we still need a CB, LW, RW, No. 10 and I'd like a third striker to replace Nugent.

its only one window, cant build a full new squad tb.

i think we'll sign another CB and a winger. who i dont have a clue. it was pretty clear after the match yesterday that we need better quality from wide.

getting another cdm is pointless forshaw might not be top notch same as de sart but they are good enough to fill a gap while leadbitter and de roon are out.

same as signing another no10 its pointless, we have a clear first choice in ramirez and downing as back up.

i actually think adomah left and stuani right might actually work in the premier league. nsue would still bomb on and the premier league teams wide men dont track back hardly compared to last season. big stuani will not have x2 players to beat all he needs to do it hold it and nsue would fly past him and he's almost going to be in behind against the more isolated fullbacks. 

albert cutting in from the left would open up a channel for george and ramirez will have more room in the middle. 

i want to see albert left and stuani right next week vs mackems.(never thought i'd say that)

I actually think TB has a point with wanting another number 10.

We need another #10 that plays like gaston, stewie will slow the game down far to much and our connection between midfield and negredo/rhodes will disappear completely if it's downing there.

• Replies 18.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Isn't Fischer our other #10?

He could be if he learns to apply a defensive side to his game. He would certainly add some danger going forward. Probably the best finisher at the club. It's one of the main attributes. Just yesterday a former Danish youth international manager said Fischer was one of the best finishers he has seen. Can finish with both feet and in any way. Present him with a chance and he will put it in the net. He doesn't have the strength or work rate to play the lone role though.

Whilst it will never happen I feel we still need a CB, LW, RW, No. 10 and I'd like a third striker to replace Nugent.

Are you for real

Yeah Downing, Reach and De Pena aren't good enough on the left.

Never want to see Downing as No. 10 as it changes the dynamic if the team.

Stuani wasn't good enough in the championship and Nugent is a repeat proven failure in the Prem (and hardly tore it up in the championship for us).

AA and Downing are decent squad players but not good enough week in week out.

It's also obvious we need a CB.

What out of that's wrong?

So you want to bring 15 new players into a newly promoted team, them to gel together and not have any friction occur between the new and the old players.

I'd like to keep most of the current squad but add a couple more - a pacey winger and a centre half would be handy.

The way we play, we need that pacey winger but it also needs to be the right one.

I still think we'll go back to Manchester United and use AK's ties with Jose, but for who, i'm not sure.

Are you for real

Stuani wasn't good enough in the championship and Nugent is a repeat proven failure in the Prem (and hardly tore it up in the championship for us).

So you want to bring 15 new players into a newly promoted team, them to gel together and not have any friction occur between the new and the old players.

Well we've signed 10 and Karanka wants two more. So 12 is ok to gel together and not have friction but 15 is too many.

Out if interest what's the magic number 12 is okay but 13 destroys the spirit of the squad? Or is 14?

If it had been me I would have bought differently instead of another back up left back and a under 23's CB I would look at a no 10 and a RW.

Now I'm not saying there is anything wrong with the two lads just think there were/are other priorities.

I think we needed a good alternative to friend which we've now got and we definitely need an alternative #10 and rw. It doesn't have to be 2 players I think if we can get one player who can play in both positions that will be fine, like that kebano we were linked with the other day, or a higher quality option like praet or ziyech or in my fantasy land Gabriel barbosa haha.

I think a few people are to caught up in these 'back up' signings, imo it's not back up players we need for those attacking 3 positions, we need players of equal ability or better, in the wide positions at least.

When Ramirez has a dip in form we need a player we can put in there that will perform to at least his standard, not put out season on hold until he gets better again.

Rw position is even more of a necessity, adomah had a decent game yesterday but were kidding ourselves if we think he will be like that every week. Again we need someone else ideally who is a big improvement on adomah who we can put out there who actually has an impact. None of this 'ah but stuani/nsue can cover it', no I like nsue but he is no better than adomah and as with downing at #10 stuani at rw changes how we get forward.

We need at least 1 top player to come in who will actually make a difference with a noticeable step up in quality, just like Ramirez did in January.

Are you for real

Well we've signed 10 and Karanka wants two more. So 12 is ok to gel together and not have friction but 15 is too many.

Out if interest what's the magic number 12 is okay but 13 destroys the spirit of the squad? Or is 14?

If it had been me I would have bought differently instead of another back up left back and a under 23's CB I would look at a no 10 and a RW.

Now I'm not saying there is anything wrong with the two lads just think there were/are other priorities.

Are you for real

I'd agree largely with this. Think we lack creativity when Gaston is out of the team.

Whether it be a winger, a number 10, or someone like Dusan Tadic who can play both positions well, I think we need someone who can offer a similar threat to Gaston. Downing is a far more conservative player, Adomah is inconsistent and lacks a bit in his delivery. Negredo thrives off situations where he can outmuscle the defenders and I thought we were largely poor at picking him out in the box yesterday.

Loan move for Mikel at Cheksea perhaps if he hasn't got a future under Conte. Currently at the olympics so obviously not in his plans. Would sit well in AKs DM role.