• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Regarding the Leadbitter v Forshaw debate. It's not as simple as 'who's the better footballer'. For what it's worth I think Adam is a better footballer with the ball at his feet. But for what AK wants him to do clearly he thinks grant is way ahead at that

I think we also should factor in that Grant was carrying an injury at the end of last season which no doubt hindered his ability to get forward and score goals. It will be interesting to see how he plays when he gets back but I still think he has a big part to play.

Maybe its just that leadbitters a better captain

Pretty much this.

And fair point about him carrying and injury. Never said leadbitter is no good I just think Forshaw is a better footballer.

Pretty much this.

And fair point about him carrying and injury. Never said leadbitter is no good I just think Forshaw is a better footballer.

So Leadbitter has just been in the side ever since he's for God knows how many years here because he's a 'better captain'? Okay then...

On the Leadbitter/Forshaw debate I think they're 2 very different footballers but that Leadbitter's strengths add more to the team.

Forshaw is very good on the ball especially at dribbling and quick, short passing. When it comes to defending he can be quite lightweight and this was in evidence on Saturday as Imbula brushed him off a number of times with ease.

Leadbitter isn't as quick at playing the ball and lacks Forshaw's ability to dribble, but I think he's far better at playing long passes. I've lost count over the seasons he has been with us the number of times he gets the ball off the winger on one flank and sprays an inch perfect crossfield ball to stretch the opposition. We don't have another player in our team who can play passes like that with the regularity and precision that Leadbitter can.

Not sure who I'd pick out of the two of them. Against tougher teams I'd certainly choose Leadbitter though. Having another man (be it Leadbitter or De Roon) who can break up play alongside Clayton will be vital against the more intimidating attacks of teams like Man City, Man U, Liverpool and Chelsea.

While onto Leadbitter I can't help but feel extremely gutted for the lad. Been an ever present under AK and his wears the captains armband yet he is sidelined as soon as we are promoted and it looks like et could be lenghty absence. We have been working at this for a few season and planety of players have come and gone yet Leadbitter has always been one of AKs most trusted soldiers. What a shame that is for him. He really deserves better.

Everyone knows Adam forshaw is PANDEMONIUM and DELIRIUM! :D

I like both Grant and Adam F, and they might have their part to play. Forshaw is good at going forward, when we need a goal. Grant is good at helping defending a lead... Don't discuss who is best. It's like discussing which is the better between a screwdriver and a hammer. Both does their job, when needed.

Pretty much this.

So Leadbitter has just been in the side ever since he's for God knows how many years here because he's a 'better captain'? Okay then...

Well yea tbh.

Either way it's a debate that has been had many times and not a debate for this thread.

Ever since Leadbitter signed for us, there has been a decent sized percentage of fans that just don't see what he brings to midield. First off many rated Nicky Bailey higher than him, then some wanted Butterfield in ahead of him and now there's some who rate Forshaw higher than him. Yes, Forshaw is a better footballer than Leadbitter, that's beyond doubt, but for our system we need defensively solid holding midfielders to give us a solid base. It isn't just a case of putting our best footballers into the team in order to progress. On Saturday it was clear that, despite having the our best two technical holding midfielders on the pitch for the majority of the game, there wasn't enough defensive solidity to keep hold of the game. Imbula was like a man against boys in midfield up against them two.

I know exactly what leadbitter brings to the team thanks, just because I think Forshaw is better doesn't mean I think leadbitter is rubbish.

My issue with our midfield last season was not that leadbitter was no good, but that him and clayton are to similar with each of them offering a limited amount going forward.

I guess it's just personal preference, I'd love someone like imbula alongside clayton or de roon in our midfield, watching him drive forward was quality, that's just what I like from a midfielder.