oneBoro Forum

Summer 2016 Transfer window

Anyone who's advocated Dimi staying no.1 since we signed Valdes has lost all senses for me same with De Roon and Leadbitter. Them 2 in particular are levels above what we had I don't see the debate about it, a storm is coming on here when Grant's back because frankly I can't see him getting in that lineup ahead of Clayton or De Roon.

The Notts Post put a story on Dimi today and phrased it the way the Gazette would on a player we are about to sign but they can't let on they know too soon. Good luck to him he's helped us get here but Valdes is levels above and Dimi will probably get a little wage bonus there so fair play to him.

Not sue how you can say valdes is better than dimi yet. He's had one game and got partially blamed for the goal in that

Come off it, Valdes is a lot better than Dimi :D

• Replies 18.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Anyone who's advocated Dimi staying no.1 since we signed Valdes has lost all senses for me same with De Roon and Leadbitter. Them 2 in particular are levels above what we had I don't see the debate about it, a storm is coming on here when Grant's back because frankly I can't see him getting in that lineup ahead of Clayton or De Roon.

The Notts Post put a story on Dimi today and phrased it the way the Gazette would on a player we are about to sign but they can't let on they know too soon. Good luck to him he's helped us get here but Valdes is levels above and Dimi will probably get a little wage bonus there so fair play to him.

Not sue how you can say valdes is better than dimi yet. He's had one game and got partially blamed for the goal in that

:D :D :D :D :D :D :D

:D

I'm at work and I can't stop chuckling away at this. *crying with laughter emoji*

I think it would be a fair assumption that Valdes is a better keeper than Dimi. He may not be at the top of his game at the moment but even not firing on all cylinders made AK and more so Leo put him in goal over Dimi.

As for the goal who's to say Dimi would've got anywhere near it. It might if. But I don't think he would've closed down Barragans dodgy back pass down anywhere near as quickly as Victor. But it's epidemic now (as Del Boy would say)

Am I living in a world were multiple champions league and World Cup winning goalkeeper victor Valdes is being doubted over a journeyman who has rarely been a number one in his career. There is no room for sentiment if Dimi wants to play he should move.

Think he's fishing for a comedic +1 here

I think it's probably the fact that Valdes is one of the most decorated players ever and Dimi is currently playing at a far higher level than he ever has in his career previously. I like Dimi but it's not even worth comparing him and Valdes.

This has got to be a joke surely? I don't see a department Dimi is even close to him in from shotstopping to 1v1s to saving shots from distance to distribution to collecting a ball.

I don't think Dimi's been that harshly treated the writing was always on the wall for him since Karanka tried to sign Given last summer. But yeah Valdes was winning Champions Leagues while Dimi sat at Hartlepool not sure it's a contest ability wise.

In any case 'SmogOnTheTees' on twitter is pretty adamant Dimi is going nowhere. Although we have established that his transfer info is a bit shonky, he is mates with Dimi so I assume he'd at least be accurate with that.

Dimi is 100% better at claiming crosses and commanding his area than Valdes. But other than that I agree Valdes is a better all round keeper.

Got any stats that prove he's 100% better at claiming crosses and commanding his area?

Sweet Baby Jesus! Everyone has a right to their opinion, but some of the stuff Iv been reading lately is laughable. Dimi even being compared to Valdes... WTF.

Dimi had the best season of his career, with pretty much the best defence in the league in front of him. He is no where near good enough to be playing in the Prem, even with rose tinted glasses.

You don't play nearly 400 games for one of the best teams in the world without being world class. Fair enough he hasn't played in a while and might be a bit rusty, but he is still a top class keeper.

Also you can't really 'blame' Valdes for the goal on Saturday. It was an exceptional free kick from a top quality player... he had no right to put it across the keeper from that position but he did. Maybe with a few games under Valdes's belt he might of tipped it wide.

What's the overall opinion of Adomah from Saturday? I recon we need another winger, keep Adomah as a squad player. He's just a speed boat with no final product.... although he did put two good crosses in, Ill give him that. Wasted more opportunities than he should of though.

Valdes injured in training according to someone on fmttm. Maybe Dimi won't be going anywhere after all. Scenes when he starts on Sunday.

Unless 'someone on fmttm' is on the medical staff I think we can take this with a pinch of salt.