oneBoro Forum

Summer 2016 Transfer window

But we defend as a team and that is how it's going to be for the foreseeable future. AK won't have passengers that doesn't put in a shift.

If your attacking creating chances scoring goals then your putting a shift in, I prefer a winger to be a winger some attacking players cause more harm than good. One of the best midfielders in this country in the last 20 years couldn't tackle for his life, that was Paul Scholes.

But you know that's not what AK likes, we all know that.

• Replies 18.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

But we defend as a team and that is how it's going to be for the foreseeable future. AK won't have passengers that doesn't put in a shift.

If your attacking creating chances scoring goals then your putting a shift in, I prefer a winger to be a winger some attacking players cause more harm than good. One of the best midfielders in this country in the last 20 years couldn't tackle for his life, that was Paul Scholes.

What I meant was we don't need a winger who will only stay on the final third of the pitch looking for the ball. We need someone who is also willing to track back and offer some sort of protection for our full back. Scholes might not be able to tackle but he still put himself about and helped the defensive players.

Tacking and closing down aren't the same thing. Also, in that United side, 4-4-2 was still very much the popular formation, there was little reliance on full-backs bombing on like there is now, so Scholes and Beckham didn't need to track back as much.

Scholes was not really a winger though. Man utd had Beckham and Giggs playing on the wings and both of them used to put a shift in helping at the back.

I know it's not Boro news but apparently Ballotelli is off to Wolves... Football has gone crazy if it happens...his wages must be huge for a championship club

They have just been taken over by a mega rich consortium. Its going to be an interesting club to observe as it seems the manager has no say in who they bring in.

I'd rather do any business now that we think we need to do than leave money aside incase we have to strengthen in January.  If we need to spend a substantial amount of money in January it probably means we are in a lot of trouble.

Agreed Fischer could probably play the Gaston role if required. I thought he should have come on during the last game instead of Nugent.

Naa, it'll mean we need that final piece of the puzzle for a Europa League place :P

If we get a couple of injuries in Nov Dec to players in the same position say negrado and rohdes or a player or two just have a stinker when we expected them to be ok we may need to buy someone quick. It makes sense to leave a little as an emergency pot

I know it's not Boro news but apparently Ballotelli is off to Wolves... Football has gone crazy if it happens...his wages must be huge for a championship club

They have just been taken over by a mega rich consortium. Its going to be an interesting club to observe as it seems the manager has no say in who they bring in.

That would be terrible business imo. Balotelli is a Prima Dona that only plays when it's going his way. He didn't even like putting himself about on the worlds biggest stage in football against other superstars of football. He's defiantly not going to like it when he's lining up agInst Bristol City or similar on a freezing Tuesday night

I think one of two things would happen. He'd be so ***ed off playing in the champs that he'd pull a moody every other game. Or he'd tear the div apart

Tacking and closing down aren't the same thing. Also, in that United side, 4-4-2 was still very much the popular formation, there was little reliance on full-backs bombing on like there is now, so Scholes and Beckham didn't need to track back as much.

Scholes had 97 yellow cards through stupid tackles, particularly outside the box, done more harm than good, and with regard to full backs bombing forward that was one of Evra's strengths.

Not getting into a Man U debate (not interested in them) but just making a few points.

But you know that's not what AK likes, we all know that.

That's fair enough Will, and that in my opinion is why we don't score a lot of goals and don't break quickly enough.

Scholes had 97 yellow cards through stupid tackles, particularly outside the box, done more harm than good, and with regard to full backs bombing forward that was one of Evra's strengths.

Not getting into a Man U debate (not interested in them) but just making a few points.

I'm talking more about the teams that United were facing. At the time they wouldn't have had to deal with too many full backs attacking at pace, which is why they could afford to have midfielders like Beckham and Giggs, who were excellent, but weren't defensive minded in any way. As a team who will be facing better sides most weeks, we don't have that luxury.