oneBoro Forum

Summer 2016 Transfer window

Jesus on the end of a cross.

How is that appropriate or respecffful? If that was islamphobic this would be derided. I don't do he religious stuff on here but this sort of comment is offensive.I

It isn't islamophobic though is it. There are different barometers for offence caused by different religions. I'm not going to go into it as it's another topic. It was a daft joke, nothing more. Sorry if anyone genuinely found it offensive.

Well, I never said it was islamaphobic, I said if it was it would be derided. You made a religiously offensive remark that I personally found very offensive. Smart words don't don't excuse what I personally see as offensive.

• Replies 18.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Jesus on the end of a cross.

How is that appropriate or respecffful? If that was islamphobic this would be derided. I don't do he religious stuff on here but this sort of comment is offensive.I

It isn't islamophobic though is it. There are different barometers for offence caused by different religions. I'm not going to go into it as it's another topic. It was a daft joke, nothing more. Sorry if anyone genuinely found it offensive.

Well, I never said it was islamaphobic, I said if it was it would be derided. You made a religiously offensive remark that I personally found very offensive. Smart words don't don't excuse what I personally see as offensive.

He's apologised, let's move on. The thread has already derailed enough in the last 24 hours.

I was raised Christian and I thought it was pretty funny... Offence is often the issue of the person taking it, not the person making the joke. Nothing is above humour and parody in my book. It's your choice to be offended.

Geez this thread is getting desperate. :rolleyes:

Last time Jesus went up for a cross it didn't go to well for him

Well, up to you Mods. So out of order

What do you want us to do? Ban him?

You've already stated that your not religious so I'm finding it hard what's offended you

Anyways let's stay away from religious sensitive material like Dekker said its not clever

I was raised Christian and I thought it was pretty funny... Offence is often the issue of the person taking it, not the person making the joke. Nothing is above humour and parody in my book. It's your choice to be offended.

Geez this thread is getting desperate. :rolleyes:

Sorry, but no. I am not a prude, overly sensitive or the like. Nor do I take to being patronised. Just a bit of decency and respect.

As you say this is a football thread - but I did not introduce the religiously offensive remarks. I can tell you that I believe that Christianiry deserves the same respect as Islam, but perhaps I'm old school

Couldn't agree more... The offended one, chose to be...

Welcome to 2016... Where no new signings (since forever) is making people tick, and everone is offended... this offends me!