oneBoro Forum

Summer 2016 Transfer window

For me it is a no brainer to get rid of AA. Well in some games he has a bit of magic, but more odten he loses the ball way to much and if we didn't have great defenders, he would have cost us a lot of goals. He is arguably an ok championship player at best.

If he ever plays for us again, try to look at the amount of easy balls he fumbles away to the oposition to make a counter....

• Replies 18.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Whilst the only other option we really have on the right hand side is Stuani, losing Adomah would be a mistake. Preferably i'd like another right winger on top on Adomah and Stuani personally.

Ideally that would be best as adomah offers something completely different to stuani, it's not just about getting better players in but also having a variety of options in case certain things aren't working during a game.

If he's turned down the contract though it's out of our hands a bit, depending how far down the line of negotiating we are. Can pretty much guarantee if adomah is leaving then at least 1 player will be coming in. I just hop it's somebody who can cover centrally aswell.

Honestly now we're in the PL, I don't feel like we need to cash in on Adomah. We could keep him around for the year of we felt we were being left stretched. Then it'd just be a case of letting a (nearly) 30-year-old go on a free.

Still, if we can get £8 million for him supposedly, that might be hard to refuse. If we took a decent fee in and then reinvested that in a big name and a young prospect like Burke or Clough I'd be pretty happy.

Wether we have premiership money or not, turning down even £4m is daft, it's a years wages or the difference between signing a player and not getting him.

Id love to get ziyech like where's all the talk of him signing coming from today?

If Adomah was consistent and his final ball better the simple fact is, he would not have been playing for Boro the last two seasons as a Premier league club would have bought him. I love the lad, he is a character and filled with charisma. It would be sad to see him go but if we are bringing in a high quality replacement it really is prudent to sell him now before January when he would cost less or he could sign a pre contract agreement.

Sorry can't agree with that, you could make that same argument about,Friend, Ayala and Clayton yes they've played great for us but a Premier club haven't bought them.

Wether we have premiership money or not, turning down even £4m is daft, it's a years wages or the difference between signing a player and not getting him.

I agree really, my point is that £X million is no use to us sitting in the bank. We'd need to reinvest it quickly before transfer deadline day otherwise we may as well keep AA around as we're not that desperate for cash.

I agree really, my point is that £X million is no use to us sitting in the bank. We'd need to reinvest it quickly before transfer deadline day otherwise we may as well keep AA around as we're not that desperate for cash.

When some Premier clubs are been quoted 10 & 15 mill for unproven championship players, which is exactly what Adomah is, £4 mill is poor.

But definitely agree, if we sell we've got to be investing it in another player.