oneBoro Forum

Summer 2016 Transfer window

Chambers mentioned on Sky Sports News just now, it's getting the yellow ticker treatment. Medical today. Other clubs interested but preference is Middlesbrough. Expectation is that he will be utilised at CB.

• Replies 18.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Strange... sky sports news have just said that chambers is due to have a medical with us today but even though other clubs were interested the fact that "middlesbrough will play him at CB tipped it in their favour"

Will he get a game ahead of ayala gibson and espinosa now that they're all fit and that gibson has started very strongly

Good news if Chambers coming as a quality addition to the defence . Icing on the cake would be to bring Wiltshire in as well but are we allowed 2 loans from 1 club. If not I would be tempted to try again and restructure the Chambers deal into a purchase , perhaps with a guaranteed buy back or such like.

Either way Wiltshire would be a huge statement of intent , although you would have to think most of the premiership would be in for him.

I think we are selling a defender, baptiste? gibson? ayala? nsue? why else sign another cb/rb when that will leave one  or two of them without a sniff of a game.

Baptiste will not be here on Thursday morning. The others are all either first team players, or in Nsue's case, will be utilised in the squad. 'Without a sniff of a game' will not be applicable to anyone in the 25-man squad over the 35 remaining matches.

I hope we don't get Wilshere simply because I couldn't handle people's inability to spell & say his name

People have enough trouble with Δημήτριος Κωνσταντόπουλος.

I think we are selling a defender, baptiste? gibson? ayala? nsue? why else sign another cb/rb when that will leave one  or two of them without a sniff of a game.

Karanka loves versatility. 

Baptiste will go. I think Husband would have had he not been injured.

N'sue

Barragan

Chambers

Espinosa

Ayala

Gibson

Friend 

Fabio

Loads of options with those. Defence is sorted so hopefully we'll get this winger sorted.

Karanka loves versatility. 

Baptiste will go. I think Husband would have had he not been injured.

N'sue

Barragan

Chambers

Espinosa

Ayala

Gibson

Friend 

Fabio

Loads of options with those. Defence is sorted so hopefully we'll get this winger sorted.

What's your gut feeling on this winger Lurker?

There's clearly no doubting Wilshere's quality when he's on form and fit, but it's the processing of arriving there and the disruption it would cause to the team in the mean time. He'd have to be guaranteed a start and there's no promise that he'd be fit and firing from the off. It's a no from me.