• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Christ, we're getting a massive talent with potential to be a superstar and people are moaning :D

Like you say may be a potential superstar, haven't seen enough of him to make a judgement, he hasn't played a lot of football so can't call it.

Martial had only a season and a half of football behind him before he joined United.

Traore, in fairness, did have 2 seasons in the Spanish second division and a couple of outings for the Barcelona team.

Not comparing the leagues, not comparing the players ability. Purely comparing the fact that they're the same age with relatively similar appearances.

Don't get me wrong I'm certain AK knows what he's doing as he sees these players all the time, but....

I always worry a bit when you get players from a relegated side. How can they have confidence and a winning mentality? Villa were shocking last season (and a few before that), and Guzan so far hasn't inspired confidence.

Why sell players who got us promoted and developed a team spirit and winning mentality to bring in losers or players recovering from injuries. There seems a few too many players who've been out of action due to injuries for my liking. The medical team will need signings at this rate.

Christ, we're getting a massive talent with potential to be a superstar and people are moaning :D

Like you say may be a potential superstar, haven't seen enough of him to make a judgement, he hasn't played a lot of football so can't call it.

Martial had only a season and a half of football behind him before he joined United.

Traore, in fairness, did have 2 seasons in the Spanish second division and a couple of outings for the Barcelona team.

Not comparing the leagues, not comparing the players ability. Purely comparing the fact that they're the same age with relatively similar appearances.

Like I said can't make a judgement haven't seen enough of him, hope he turns out to be quality.

Let’s get the latest on Everton from Vinny O’Connor

“Everton are looking to push through a number of deals today. Notably, Manolo Gabbiadini.

“We know that talks have been progressing since Friday. The hold-up is that Napoli want a replacement before letting the striker leave.

“There is the potential to turn their attention to Yacine Brahimi, though he’s more of a midfield player. They are interested in signing him but they haven’t gone as far as a medical, despite reports yesterday and early today. That’s not the case just yet.”

Isnt Brahimi the one we're "waiting" for?

Traore still has more top flight experience than Adomah. I wouldn't say he is a downgrade on Adomah but more equal with the potential to be massive. Would still like someone more experienced though.

Don't think anybody's comparing Traore with Adomah, he might be twice the player, it seems we're buying certain players with potential rather than the finished article, Fischer, De Sart, and possibly Traore, we need players to be able to hit the ground running not in 2 to 3 years time, we haven't got that luxury like Chelsea and the 2 Manchester clubs.

Let’s get the latest on Everton from Vinny O’Connor

“Everton are looking to push through a number of deals today. Notably, Manolo Gabbiadini.

“We know that talks have been progressing since Friday. The hold-up is that Napoli want a replacement before letting the striker leave.

“There is the potential to turn their attention to Yacine Brahimi, though he’s more of a midfield player. They are interested in signing him but they haven’t gone as far as a medical, despite reports yesterday and early today. That’s not the case just yet.”

Isnt Brahimi the one we're "waiting" for?

Interesting...Just been told again that it's very reliant on Everton making their signings. Fingers crossed.

I must admit I was excited for today however reading through the last few pages has took a bit of enthusiasm out of me . I like the look of Traore but very underwhelming signing replacing a inexperienced PL winger ( Adomah ) with erm.... A inexperienced PL winger . When was the last time we actually bought a out and out wide man with pace to beat his man and get balls into the box ? I'm pretty sure it was Adomah which was about 5 year ago now .

However I'm hopeful we will bring more in I'm just hoping the clubs dealings are so so tight lipped not one news reporter has a clue about anything and are presuming we aren't bringing no one in rather than knowing we aren't ... Am I just scraping the barrel ?

A lot of the optimism of late last night seems to have disappeared this morning, I think any further business we do is now dependant on others in the buying chain, and that is not a good place to be, not for my nerves anyway. Excited by the signing of Traore if it happens, if he progresses under good management he could be awesome, but note the 'could be' as all I saw at Villa was a big fast kid who frightened defenders to hell, he needs time!

For my it's no different signing Traore from Villa than from Barcelona's B team who play in the Spanish second division, which is where we also signed Kike from. Traore whilst having a lot of potential is completely unproven and hasn't done it at the top level so far. Don't get me wrong he has a lot of potential, he's only 20 and I'd still be excited by him but he can't be compared to signing someone who has made a decent amount of appearances for Barcelona's first team.