• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

How would people feel about Stephane Sessengon ? He's a free agent after being released by WBA, knows the area from his time at Sunderland, has over 150 prem appearances and can play anywhere across the 3 behind the striker. He's just turned 32 a few month ago, won't be expensive, might be worth a 1/2 year contract, or 1 year with an option of a 2nd, tide us over until next summer or January at the earliest.

How would people feel about Stephane Sessengon ? He's a free agent after being released by WBA, knows the area from his time at Sunderland, has over 150 prem appearances and can play anywhere across the 3 behind the striker. He's just turned 32 a few month ago, won't be expensive, might be worth a 1/2 year contract, or 1 year with an option of a 2nd, tide us over until next summer or January at the earliest.

I was literally just about to post that, always liked him when he was at Sunderland!

Financially how did we do? What was the net spend?

Don't know fully but we'd spent £17m-£20m before the signings of Chambers and Traore. We've then shipped out Reach and Adomah and a few loans. I've not seen what figures have been banded about.

I'd imagine we were just about the smallest spenders in the league.

3rd lowest in the division I saw on Twitter. Hull and Stoke were lower.

I thought I'd seen figures of 8mil for Adomah and 5mil for Reach. Not seen any figures for Traore. I hope we got him cheap. If we did we may not have spent more than 10mil in transfers. Wages are a whole different kettle of fish.

Tbh I'd actually take him for the season.

Don't know fully but we'd spent £17m-£20m before the signings of Chambers and Traore. We've then shipped out Reach and Adomah and a few loans. I've not seen what figures have been banded about.

I thought I'd seen figures of 8mil for Adomah and 5mil for Reach. Not seen any figures for Traore. I hope we got him cheap. If we did we may not have spent more than 10mil in transfers. Wages are a whole different kettle of fish.

There was no fee for Traore as he was part of Adamoah to A. Villa deal.

Anyway, I see Derby have signed Scotland playmaker, Ikechi Anya, that is a GREAT signing for them.

Anya is one of my fav Scotland players, mainly due to his goal v Germany in 1st game of last qualifying campaign :-).

You guys should have signed him lol.

Right guys, ICT signed Larnell Cole on loan from Fulham, any info on him, is he a good signing :-)?

It’s been an education reading these posts over the past few weeks. Actually, this is the first time in the last 5 years that I haven’t being posting during the transfer window.

But, moving on, this is the first transfer window in years when Boro has actually looked like it meant business. We’ve practically overhauled the entire squad. Some may argue that there is a piece, or pieces, missing from the puzzle, but I don’t agree. We have strong players in every area – they just have to rise to the challenge.

The season has just started and every team is presently work in progress. We’ll just have to cross our fingers, believe, and see what happens.

UTB

Well said , agree

I think we have more than enough to be competitive in this league.

May be accused of being too positive but am more than happy with our overall business, we can all want more and I understand that but this is the reality and I feel this squad is good enough to stay up and more which must be the main aim this season

I saw a stray line suggesting a 50% sell on clause for Traore but no fee for the transfer. To be honest, though, there have been so many fake stories flying around on Twitter this window that I don't quite know what to trust.

Why do we need a free agent? Our squad is complete.

GK: Dimi, Mejias, Guzan, Valdes

DEF: Barragan, Ayala, Gibson, Espinosa, Chambers, Friend, Fabio

MID: Clayton, Forshaw, De Roon, De Sart, Leadbitter

ATT MID: Downing, Ramirez, Stuani, Fischer, Traore, de Pena

STR: Rhodes, Nugent, Negredo

Nobody will be leaving and nobody will be coming until January at the very earliest. Yes we could have done with another high quality attacking midfielder but Karanka is obviously satisfied with the squad. I'm sure this bedwetting ***storm will blow over by the time the international break is over.

We're far from the worst prepared team in the league after last night. Hull, Burnley, West Brom, Swansea, Sunderland - plus arguably one or two more - all look far worse off than we do. That's at least 25% of the league, just to put a bit of context into that.

I don't believe for a minute that we didn't have another wide target identified. I surmise that we had a name or two in mind, it became obvious they weren't available, and no one came to light that fit the specifications we wanted. I'd rather go four months light in one position and rely on a young lad or tweak of system than bring in players on the panic for daft Deadline Day contracts. If Ramirez gets injured, we can tweak the system. We toyed with 2 up top in pre-season. If a winger gets injured, we can tweak the system to a more narrow three behind the striker. Fabio can play on the left as a defensive winger, which allows Friend to overlap. Junior Mondal can play either wing... The Wings are one of the few safe places to bed in youth in the Premier League.

We have done the same style business as Manchester United, Manchester City and Chelsea. We've improved the spine of the team. Sort out you Centre Backs, Central Midfielders and Centre Forward and you're stronger. The rest, whilst still important, is secondary.

Adama Traore is a slight risk. But then again, so was having Adomah in the Premiership as first choice. Traore has more Premiership experience than Adomah, if you want to be picky about it... The lad has talent. He's rapid. He has a good delivery; something Albert lacked more often than not. He has the potential to be a special player, and with AK's track record of improving players like Ayala, Leadbitter, Clayton, Ramirez, Friend, Gibson, I have every faith that Traore will come very good for us. He has the potential to be a big, game changing player - like Albert could be, but more so.

I'm over the moon with the business we've done in this window on a whole. One day doesn't change that.

We're far from the worst prepared team in the league after last night. Hull, Burnley, West Brom, Swansea, Sunderland - plus arguably one or two more - all look far worse off than we do. That's at least 25% of the league, just to put a bit of context into that.

I don't believe for a minute that we didn't have another wide target identified. I surmise that we had a name or two in mind, it became obvious they weren't available, and no one came to light that fit the specifications we wanted. I'd rather go four months light in one position and rely on a young lad or tweak of system than bring in players on the panic for daft Deadline Day contracts. If Ramirez gets injured, we can tweak the system. We toyed with 2 up top in pre-season. If a winger gets injured, we can tweak the system to a more narrow three behind the striker. Fabio can play on the left as a defensive winger, which allows Friend to overlap. Junior Mondal can play either wing... The Wings are one of the few safe places to bed in youth in the Premier League.

We have done the same style business as Manchester United, Manchester City and Chelsea. We've improved the spine of the team. Sort out you Centre Backs, Central Midfielders and Centre Forward and you're stronger. The rest, whilst still important, is secondary.

Adama Traore is a slight risk. But then again, so was having Adomah in the Premiership as first choice. Traore has more Premiership experience than Adomah, if you want to be picky about it... The lad has talent. He's rapid. He has a good delivery; something Albert lacked more often than not. He has the potential to be a special player, and with AK's track record of improving players like Ayala, Leadbitter, Clayton, Ramirez, Friend, Gibson, I have every faith that Traore will come very good for us. He has the potential to be a big, game changing player - like Albert could be, but more so.

I'm over the moon with the business we've done in this window on a whole. One day doesn't change that.

Great post, exactly what I was about to come on and post (but probably not so well put!), +1.

Why do we need a free agent? Our squad is complete.

GK: Dimi, Mejias, Guzan, Valdes

DEF: Barragan, Ayala, Gibson, Espinosa, Chambers, Friend, Fabio

MID: Clayton, Forshaw, De Roon, De Sart, Leadbitter

ATT MID: Downing, Ramirez, Stuani, Fischer, Traore, de Pena

STR: Rhodes, Nugent, Negredo

Nobody will be leaving and nobody will be coming until January at the very earliest. Yes we could have done with another high quality attacking midfielder but Karanka is obviously satisfied with the squad. I'm sure this bedwetting ***storm will blow over by the time the international break is over.

did nsue go? I must have missed that

£5m rising to £7m for Adam Reach is absolutely splendid business. And to think some of you thought we wouldn't get over £1m for him. Have some faith man.

We may not have spent as much as the fans would have liked but don't forget how much we spent in January, and then last summer. It's took us 3 windows to put this squad together. Don't convince yourselves that we've undone our good work because we didn't panic buy yesterday, because we haven't. And don't be quick to write off Fischer, Traore, Rhodes. I must admit I thought Rhodes was going to leave, delighted to have him still here, looking forward to seeing what he can do in the big league.