• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I wonder which players we tried to get but missed out on? Subotic obviously but presumably there's an attacking player or two as well.

I think this window is as good as we could have expected. We were never in a position to be able to bring in 10-11 players with premier league experience. Defensively things look positive, but the difficult part of the game is scoring. Negredo has proved in the past he can get goals. I think Rhodes will score if we give him chances in the box, though 1 on 1s with the goalie he seems to struggle with. Nugent will run his socks off and he has 1 goal from 1 start this season. Its the attacking 3 behind the front man that understandably have us wondering if we will be creative enough. Time will tell I suppose. I am hopeful rather than confident that when the new lads settle in they will give us a creative edge, however I have not seen anything in this seasons start that makes me think we are going to really struggle in this league. You cant really build a top 8 premier league squad in one window so overall I am happy.

Cant wait for the footy to restart again.

A word for Atokus - great thread and opening post. Kept it up to date impressively. Well doe and +1 from me when I work out how to.???

How do people think we will do against the big teams this season? I think, as shown in the opening games, lesser teams will find us hard to break down, but will big teams be able to find a way through our solid defence? If they can, I worry we won't have the quality in attack to be able to knick a goal or two against top clubs, and getting suprise points against the bigger teams is a good thing to be doing.  

For me, it ultimately comes down to how the new wingers (Adama and Fischer) perform, and Adama could be a valuable asset if were are looking to get the ball forward quickly when won.

I think we'll take one or two pastings over the course of the season. The big teams will certainly find a way through in my opinion. Sunderland did after all.

I thought Man City looked great at the weekend, and I reckon they and someone else along the way will put four past us. we'll see.

Other than that, I'm hoping that we do well.

We rarely came back in games in the championship. Even with better starting 11s than the opposition

Although that was obviously the case in 14/15, I saw a stat that we were actually one of the better sides coming from behind last season in the championship. It surprised me, but that's what it said.

It didn't feel like it. Although that may be me getting confused with the previous season.  Does anyone have it?

www.soccerstats.com is usually a good one for that sort of thing.

I had a quick glance. (They used to have points from behind stat), but I couldn't find it, and have to go out now.

We rarely came back in games in the championship. Even with better starting 11s than the opposition

Although that was obviously the case in 14/15, I saw a stat that we were actually one of the better sides coming from behind last season in the championship. It surprised me, but that's what it said.

It didn't feel like it. Although that may be me getting confused with the previous season.  Does anyone have it?

www.soccerstats.com is usually a good one for that sort of thing.

I had a quick glance. (They used to have points from behind stat), but I couldn't find it, and have to go out now.

I did have another quick look, and our oppo took the lead 15/46 times last season. Of those, we won 3, drew 3, and lost 9.... so not GREAT, but actually not too much worse than most of the rest of the league.

(Only Brighton[11], and Burnley[13] had less games where they went behind first).

Cheers.

Overall? Pleased with the transfer window. It's not perfect by any means, like most I'd have liked another #10 or winger in but no team has got everything they needed in my eyes. I also think our squad is a lot better than a few in the league and I'm quietly confident about our chances. If Fischer and Traore grow into the players they're potential allows we could have a great season.

For what it's worth, I think maybe Fischer would be better in the middle than on the left, given what I've heard from fans and the few games I've seen him in for Ajax and Denmark, but whether AK sees it that way is a different matter.

The fees we got for Adomah and Reach were incredible really, and Reach wasn't really ever getting a game anyway so losing him isn't a massive loss to the squad. I have a feeling Stuani would be playing more than Albert this season had he stayed but I still hope Adama cam step up to the oche as and when needed.

Also, knowing players like Forshaw and the Ayala/Gibbo partnership (and others) have taken the step up in their stride makes me feel a lot more comfortable.

Valdes and De Roon were probably pencilled in as first teamers, they have missed a few games now and we still haven't really felt their loss - there's a bit of unease whenever Guzan is near the ball but he hasn't cost us points yet - and that is also majorly heartening.

Barragan has been all across the back four already and I think we've got a bargain there at 3 million. Great utility player. Negredo is also impressing me, not a greedy player at all either and looking for the best option, even if it's not him getting the glory. The Beast is back and has something to prove!

Getting all the contracts sorted was a shrewd move too, everyone happy with their position in the squad and if morale is high that can only help the togetherness. Signing Fry to five years before sending him out to the Championship on loan was a great move, if he really impresses at Rotherham he could break into the first team squad next year.

Overall, I think a 7.5/10 is a well deserved rating, rising to an 8.5 or dare I say a 9 if Espinosa/Fischer/Adama become beasts for us