oneBoro Forum

Summer 2016 Transfer window

Villa are signing some decent players.  And burnley starting to buy now

I don't think Villa will be far away at the end of the season.

Depends how their defence holds up. It looked awful against Wednesday and last night was a comedy goal conceded too.

• Replies 18.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Valdes' kicking in the Stoke game was so accurate it was like he was playing short passes to Negredo and Ramirez.

It was terrific to watch. I've been resigned to us losing the ball constantly from goal kicks and it was refreshing to have a keeper who could actually pick out a player in a red shirt and a striker who could direct the ball and knock it down accurately to a teammate.

It's not something I would've ever identified as somewhere we could improve as I just thought it was the norm but Valdes was so accurate it really did amaze me.

Can we just lock this thread until we get some actual transfer news? This is getting painful now. I can't believe we're even debating who's the better GK out of the two. :D

I know, its bloody obvious to everyone apart from Rich that it's Valdes.

For the record I never thought valdes was world class. He was a good keeper in a world class team.  But we will see if he's still got it

I agree with you on that, but he's a massive improvement on anything we've had since Schwarzer (and Given).

But had we widened the pitch by 20 yards Schwarzer would have been a better kicker than Valdes :)

Oh my god, you were actually being serious when you said we don't know if Valdes is better than Dimi. I thought you were genuinely trying to be funny.

I was going to rescind my comment but nope, looking back I think it was a fair assessment of your post.

Again for the third time as your struggling to understand. I'm not saying dimi is better or worse. I'm saying until I've seen valdes play better now. Not three yrs ago for Barca I'll reserve judgment

What have you seen from valdes in the last month that says he's better now than dimi

Rushes out to narrow angles so he doesn't need to make a save

More agile than Dimi, even if he didn't quite get to the freekick (note the fact it was an excellent freekick rather than poor goalkeeping)

Much better distribution than Dimi

All from the Stoke game. Then there's the fact that Karanka and the coaching team obviously saw more from Valdes in training than Dimi, hence why he started our season opener in the first place.

Enough for you?

Oh right ....so karanka and the coaching team thinking he's best makes him better in your eyes does it What like leadbitter being picked or stuani being picked at right mid. Or downing playing every game. You do talk crap at times

So Rich now that you've categorically stated that it is a scientific fact that Dimi is best keeper in the past 30 years and Valdes is a poor man's andy dibble, what are you going to do next? ;)

Villa are signing some decent players.  And burnley starting to buy now

I don't think Villa will be far away at the end of the season.

Depends how their defence holds up. It looked awful against Wednesday and last night was a comedy goal conceded too.

I thin Di Matteo and Clarke will sort that out fairly quickly,too experienced not to.

Valdes' kicking in the Stoke game was so accurate it was like he was playing short passes to Negredo and Ramirez.

It was terrific to watch. I've been resigned to us losing the ball constantly from goal kicks and it was refreshing to have a keeper who could actually pick out a player in a red shirt and a striker who could direct the ball and knock it down accurately to a teammate.

It's not something I would've ever identified as somewhere we could improve as I just thought it was the norm but Valdes was so accurate it really did amaze me.

I agree, stopped Stoke from mounting any real pressure in the first half as we were able to get the ball up the pitch without it coming straight back at us.

I was mourning the likely fate of Victor Moses a bit back, thinking that he would be off out on loan again to another Prem club where he would be a bit-part player for another season. That was before he came on for the last 6 minutes on Monday and performed like he didn't know what to do or where on earth he was. I know it was only 6 minutes but he was unbelievably poor.

Oh my god, you were actually being serious when you said we don't know if Valdes is better than Dimi. I thought you were genuinely trying to be funny.

I was going to rescind my comment but nope, looking back I think it was a fair assessment of your post.

Again for the third time as your struggling to understand. I'm not saying dimi is better or worse. I'm saying until I've seen valdes play better now. Not three yrs ago for Barca I'll reserve judgment

What have you seen from valdes in the last month that says he's better now than dimi

Rushes out to narrow angles so he doesn't need to make a save

More agile than Dimi, even if he didn't quite get to the freekick (note the fact it was an excellent freekick rather than poor goalkeeping)

Much better distribution than Dimi

All from the Stoke game. Then there's the fact that Karanka and the coaching team obviously saw more from Valdes in training than Dimi, hence why he started our season opener in the first place.

Enough for you?

Oh right ....so karanka and the coaching team thinking he's best makes him better in your eyes does it What like leadbitter being picked or stuani being picked at right mid. Or downing playing every game. You do talk crap at times

So Rich now that you've categorically stated that it is a scientific fact that Dimi is best keeper in the past 30 years and Valdes is a poor man's andy dibble, what are you going to do next? ;)

I'll have to read back but I'm not convinced I said valdes was a poor mans Andy dibble.

Doubt I'd mention valdes in the same breath as the mighty dibble

I was mourning the likely fate of Victor Moses a bit back, thinking that he would be off out on loan again to another Prem club where he would be a bit-part player for another season. That was before he came on for the last 6 minutes on Monday and performed like he didn't know what to do or where on earth he was. I know it was only 6 minutes but he was unbelievably poor.

It could be Moses heart just wasn't in it, if he can't see a future at the club.

Not sue how you can say valdes is better than dimi yet. He's had one game and got partially blamed for the goal in that

Think he's fishing for a comedic +1 here

Nope.....don't care what he's done before he's only played 6 games in two and a half yrs And in the games I've seen him play for us so far he hasn't made one decent save. I'm not saying he is or isn't better than dimi right now but for those fauwning over him right now how about giving it a few games first. Or is it enough just to have played for Barca once

Neither agreeing nor disagreeing with anything but your definition of 'once' may need to be altered.

I'm sure your not daft enough to think I meant only once

No, but why write something you didn't really mean? Valdes was the #1 keeper for arguably the best ever team in the world for many years recently (ie - 2 years ago). Your use of 'once' either implies he had a brief cameo or that it was many years ago, neither being true.

Anyone heard Derby in for Nugent??

Yeah, I think there's been a few mentions of it through the summer. If I were to guess I'd say that they bid for him a while ago, and we've neither accepted or rejected it yet, as we're waiting to see who comes in. Either that or we knocked them back and they've come back in for him with a better offer. I'd like to hang onto him, but he may want to move to get game time.

Can we have Gabriel Jesus of City on loan? He looks an absolute goal machine in this game in the olympics.

He won't actually go to City til next January, otherwise that would have been a great idea. 

We'll just get him then, when Negredo could do with a rest  :sleepy: