• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Past the point where Dimi v Valdes should be a separate thread.   But before it happens - why was Dimi on the bench against Stoke?  Guzan not match fit, Mejias injured?

Did anyone reply to this? Seemed strange to me not having Guzan on the bench.

Past the point where Dimi v Valdes should be a separate thread.   But before it happens - why was Dimi on the bench against Stoke?  Guzan not match fit, Mejias injured?

Lurker said it was because AK likes Dimi and Guzan, whilst agreed with AK, was a scouting/exec signing.

As with Agazzi/Mejias last season, and Mejias/Ripley the season before, AK seems to put whoever has trained the best that week on the bench.

Lurker said it was because AK likes Dimi and Guzan, whilst agreed with AK, was a scouting/exec signing.

I thought AK said he played with him in America and he was a good experienced keeper?

Marca just posted an article on Enzo Zidane after his performance in Reals last friendly saying very specifically Aitor Karanka wants to bring him to Middlesbrough on loan with no other possibility mentioned for him.

Maybe there's still legs to it with all the personal connections Aitor has in the deal it's easy to see how it could happen.

A bit of a sample of Enzo Zidane from the other day. I would welcome him as an alternative to Gaston, if AK thinks he can do a job.

http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/row-zed/enzo-zidane-plays-spookily-like-8656611

I would really like us to break the bank on bringing in a high quality winger.

I think we could do much worse than someone like Jesus Navas. At this point, it's all about feeding Negredo et al. Navas knows Negredo from their time at Sevilla. Orta knows Navas too(?)

Marca just posted an article on Enzo Zidane after his performance in Reals last friendly saying very specifically Aitor Karanka wants to bring him to Middlesbrough on loan with no other possibility mentioned for him.

Maybe there's still legs to it with all the personal connections Aitor has in the deal it's easy to see how it could happen.

Considering we were in the hunt for Oliver Torres I think we will be looking for someone a bit more established than Enzo, someone who has more experience in a top league, with the greatest of respect to Enzo, would he be someone who can make an instant impact in the 1st team? I think not.

He also wouldn't count towards the 25-man squad limit, so it just gives us an option. It'd depend if Real want one of those stupid "play him 50% of the time at least" clauses in the loan, I don't think that'd go down well with us.

I wouldn't be against us getting enzo at all, just not if he was the only other attacker we get in. Like km said we will be looking for someone far more established, if we got enzo in alongside some other player then I'd be all for it.

This is getting pathetic now, not even a whisper! Not read any credible links in over a week now, I can only imagine we're working on one or two that may be hard to complete so the club want to remain tight lipped or in the worst case scenario, we're not talking to anyone at all and the club's transfer business is done. :(