oneBoro Forum

Summer 2016 Transfer window

Well, I never said it was islamaphobic, I said if it was it would be derided. You made a religiously offensive remark that I personally found very offensive. Smart words don't don't  excuse  what I personally see as offensive.

you've chose to be offended - being offended is a choice you make  - I thought the comments were funny, you can't censor humour or other people, if you like to be offended and therefore choose to be then I suggest the internet isn't a place for you. you can choose to not be offended - do you read the bible and follow the words in it?

Proverbs 19:11 

Good sense makes one slow to anger, and it is his glory to overlook an offence.

Luke 7:23 

And blessed is the one who is not offended by me.”

Exodus 14:14 

The Lord will fight for you, and you have only to be silent.”

Romans 14:1 

As for the one who is weak in faith, welcome him, but not to quarrel over opinions.

Try choosing not to be offended by words - your life will be much richer.

• Replies 18.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Well, I never said it was islamaphobic, I said if it was it would be derided. You made a religiously offensive remark that I personally found very offensive. Smart words don't don't  excuse  what I personally see as offensive.

you've chose to be offended - being offended is a choice you make  - I thought the comments were funny, you can't censor humour or other people, if you like to be offended and therefore choose to be then I suggest the internet isn't a place for you. you can choose to not be offended - do you read the bible and follow the words in it?

Proverbs 19:11 

Good sense makes one slow to anger, and it is his glory to overlook an offence.

Luke 7:23 

And blessed is the one who is not offended by me.”

Exodus 14:14 

The Lord will fight for you, and you have only to be silent.”

Romans 14:1 

As for the one who is weak in faith, welcome him, but not to quarrel over opinions.

Try choosing not to be offended by words - your life will be much richer.

Thank you for those chosen words - all wise. But if you read what I said, in a low key way, was that what was said was offensive. I do not make a habit of preaching or being difficult. I will not enter into a battle of cherry picked extracts from either the new or Old Testament. It concerns me the vitriol for making a polite statement but hey. Happy to leave it as it is.

Seeing as there's no incomings to speak of... who do people think are most likely to leave at this stage?

Here's the current squad as I see it:

0dcuVBq.png

That's 30 in all, including Fry who's under-21, Carayol who is so gone the club don't even list him on the website, and all four keepers. Assuming Mejias or Dimi leaves (at the moment I still reckon Mejias on loan) then that means we still need to trim down at least two more players for the 25-man limit.

It's possible that Leadbitter and/or Husband could be left off the list as they recover from their injuries, but assuming they'll be fit by January we'd come into the same problem then anyway.

I was raised Christian and I thought it was pretty funny... Offence is often the issue of the person taking it, not the person making the joke. Nothing is above humour and parody in my book. It's your choice to be offended.

Geez this thread is getting desperate. :rolleyes:

Sorry, but no. I am not a prude, overly sensitive or the like. Nor do I take to being patronised.  Just a bit of decency and respect.  

As you say this is a football thread - but I did not introduce the religiously offensive remarks. I can tell you that I believe that Christianiry deserves the same respect as Islam, but perhaps I'm old school

smile.gif

Seriously lock this thread, wtf even was that garbage.

I'm very offended by the use of 'wtf'. I know what that stands for. I will simply not be able to sleep tonight.