oneBoro Forum

Summer 2016 Transfer window

I think we're in a fantastic position, and are in turn a fantastic option, for Gaston. He seems very happy with the lads, is playing some great football, and is aware of the opportunity offered to him by the club.

That said, you couldn't blame the lad if the lure of Champions League football comes. But I'm sure he'll want assurances as to his role within any team he signs for; we can offer him a pivotal role in our squad.

Time will tell, I suppose.

• Replies 18.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

On the Boro Facebook page it says:

"Boro duo head off for international action..."

"Cristhian Stuani and Gaston Ramirez are currently on international duty with Uruguay. Here are the details of who and when they play in the Copa America 2016"

If that's not a sign that he's staying then I don't know what is.

On the Boro Facebook page it says:

"Boro duo head off for international action..."

"Cristhian Stuani and Gaston Ramirez are currently on international duty with Uruguay. Here are the details of who and when they play in the Copa America 2016"

If that's not a sign that he's staying then I don't know what is.

I'd say that's more semantics, personally... I do much prefer your reading of it, though!

We love our Uruguayans... We need a keeper... Is Fernando Muslera out of the question? Linked with United and Spurs back in April, but now De Gea is staying and Lloris looks set to stay too, could be worth a cheeky bid...

Galatasaray wanted £10.5m. I'd pay that. Might be out of reach, but if you don't ask, you don't get!

We love our Uruguayans... We need a keeper... Is Fernando Muslera out of the question? Linked with United and Spurs back in April, but now De Gea is staying and Lloris looks set to stay too, could be worth a cheeky bid...

Galatasaray wanted £10.5m. I'd pay that. Might be out of reach, but if you don't ask, you don't get!

Certainly could do a lot worse! And with finances usually being a bit dodgy in Turkey with Gala being banned for two seasons by UEFA for extensive losses. Could persuade them to drop their asking price. The lad is still only turning 30 next month.

Certainly could do a lot worse! And with finances usually being a bit dodgy in Turkey with Gala being banned for two seasons by UEFA for extensive losses. Could persuade them to drop their asking price. The lad is still only turning 30 next month.

Good shout that SB.. Muslera is a good keeper & could only help persuade Ramirez to sign for us :)

I was just about to post this, says he's been happy with the game time he's got and would consider coming back if we made an offer for him permanently.

I would certainly snap him up. I think he is often tarnished due to that Bournemouth game last season but I think he is a very good defender plus is versatile.

I have to admit i was one of the ones jumping all over him for the Muff performance. Very happy to eat humble pie this season, think he would be an excellent addition to the squad and he is obviously happy playing a squad role and getting his fair share of game time.