oneBoro Forum

Summer 2016 Transfer window

I've been pretty happy with Gaston so far in the Prem. MOTM performance against Stoke where he assisted Negredo's goal, hit the post twice and made a goal line clearence or two a***st other  things.  Against Sunderland he played a decent although not huge part in the second goal. Even though he did have a largely quiet game at West Brom yesterday I think at one point he made a good run and someone played a through ball to him and he was just about through on goal but there was no one to square it to and he scuffed his shot in the end as it was on his weaker right foot.

Even when he's not scoring or assisting goals he still plays a massive part in our team and we look so much better when he's on the pitch. He's the man who links our midfield and our attack.

Even against West Brom he was still making his own space by juggling the ball over peoples heads. He played the "pass of the match" down the channel for Negredo. He had the chance you mentioned that he sliced wide & he also made a great run and was found by Ayala but he was like a step in front of it and it came off his arm as he tried to bring it down. 

He was quiet, but quietly influential IMO. 

Even when he doesn't have the ball, defenders get pulled out of position trying to keep an eye on him because he literally turns up everywhere in that final third. 

He'll have better games for sure but I still think he was good.

On the subject of Negredo I was half laughing, half feeling sorry for him like, especially when it got to the point when he was running onto his own knock ons. I mean to run onto your own knock on, run all the down the line and then hold the ball up for what felt like 10 minutes before Nugent finally got into the box and to still manage to get a cross in (although he did put too much on it)... I was just lost for words.

• Replies 18.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Of course, that is possible. But all we can say is that he's so far been a better fit here than he has been elsewhere in England, and I hope Chambers proves those ***nal critics wrong in a similar way.

So do I and as I said earlier Chambers will be playing for a more defensive side with us and that may help him.  But I think dismissing ***nal fans opinions would be foolish for the time being.

Something worth pointing out is that we've signed a player to play in positions that we'd already signed players for.  One way or another there will be some unhappy people here unless we either rotate a lot or have some injuries.  Going to be interesting to see who ends up standing without a chair when the music stops.

Chambers will be battling with Espinosa to be third choice in the center and Barragan to be first choice at right back. Very happy with that. I don't think Nsue is cut out to play right back at this level. Just look what a very mediocre winger in McLean did to him yesterday. I'm very happy to get someone in to challenge Barragan and Espinosa at the same time. It'll also put extra pressure on Gibson and Ayala. I don't care if it leaves someone unhappy because that means someone better has kept them out.

Now who is that right winger we are interested in. I really don't hope Adomah is going to put a spanner in our plans by rejecting a move elsewhere.

Very happy with Chambers coming in as a squad player. Would like another rw/am - said many times this summer, if we lose Ramirez to injury, we're stuffed. I actually think we could be in a very serious relegation battle without him as there will be no link up play between midfield and attack, obviously meaning far less goals. Also hoping to keep Albert, think he might sign a new contract yet.

The current attacking midfielders who are in the first team picture are:

Downing

Fischer

Ramirez

Stuani

Adomah (who looks set to leave)

Definitely need at least one winger, two if Adomah leaves. We also need another striker if Rhodes leaves and we're set to bring in Calum Chambers on loan. Looks like it is going to be a busy end to the transfer window after all.

I still don't think with incomings still to go that we would let any player leave without having replacements lined up. AK has sounded pretty happy with the squad he has, he's not desperate for new players.

Thus if Adomah were to leave, I wouldn't be expecting us to have nothing lined up. I'm sure we would want to be in a position of certainty of our incomings rather than sell first. The ball is entirely in our court so I don't see why we'd give that position away. We've already seen one summer window go by when Albert was forced to stay because we couldn't replace him with anyone better.

Ok real quick I'll repeat the story from the Mirror earlier because the Telegraph are now saying we are considering offering a contract to N'Zogbia.

I really would not take N'Zogbia although he is better than Adomah so maybe we are considering him to replace Adomah alongside a bigger signing for the first team.

Do we really have 2 adequate players for those positions?

The thought of being with out Ramirez doesn't fill me with confidence, not having even adomah yesterday left us playing so slowly and downing has that lw spot pretty much to himself.

The more you look at the more woefully short of quality attackers we look.

Ok real quick I'll repeat the story from the Mirror earlier because the Telegraph are now saying we are considering offering a contract to N'Zogbia.

I really would not take N'Zogbia although he is better than Adomah so maybe we are considering him to replace Adomah alongside a bigger signing for the first team.

N'Zogbia is gone, he's a complete and utter waste of space. Perhaps at one time he was better than Adomah, much better even, but now he's been out of the picture for so long he's not worth bothering with.

Jesus wept, I hope not. I was taking the *** out of Sunderland eaelier on in the summer when they had him on trial, this would be karma.

Jesus wept, I hope not. I was taking the *** out of Sunderland eaelier on in the summer when they had him on trial, this would be karma.

See at first I thought it was complete tosh because it was only in the Mirror and I assumed it was his agent trying to gee up some Championship sides but in the Telegraph story about Chambers heading up for a medical today they say we are considering offering him a contract.

To be absolutely fair to N'Zogbia even on trial he showed he has talent but I think what has put clubs off is he probably wants the same 60-70k wages he was on at Villa which he wont get.