oneBoro Forum

Summer 2016 Transfer window

No, but it is referenced here, Will:

http://www.gazettelive.co.uk/sport/football/transfer-news/expect-middlesbrough-fcs-transfer-deadline-11817418

"The Gazette understands talks have taken place with an exciting young attacking midfielder and a deal could be concluded in the next 24 hours, but it’s going to be a close run thing."

Sounds a lot more Deulofeu than N'Zogbia, which is good. Although could obviously be neither.

That could be Bruma (unlikely as I think that guy on Twitter is talking ***e) or Deulofeu, or any number of players across Europe :D

I really don't like that last bit of the quote, it shouldn't have to be a close run thing we've had months

• Replies 18.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

From the Gazette:

It’s likely that Adomah would only be allowed to leave if Boro can sign a replacement. The Gazette understands talks have taken place with an exciting young attacking midfielder and a deal could be concluded in the next 24 hours, but it’s going to be a close run thing.

http://www.gazettelive.co.uk/sport/football/transfer-news/expect-middlesbrough-fcs-transfer-deadline-11817418

"The Gazette understands talks have taken place with an exciting young attacking midfielder and a deal could be concluded in the next 24 hours, but it’s going to be a close run thing."

Sounds a lot more Deulofeu than N'Zogbia, which is good. Although could obviously be neither.

That could be Bruma (unlikely as I think that guy on Twitter is talking ***) or Deulofeu, or any number of players across Europe :D

I really don't like that last bit of the quote, it shouldn't have to be a close run thing we've had months

Maybe we'd expected Fischer to have had a more immediate impact or for his game to have improved more quickly given how quickly he was in the door.

Wilshire is probably England's best midfielder when fit.   I'm more than suprised some don't want him

For me, not wanting him has nothing to do with footballing reasons. He's an absolute *** of a person. Spiting at people, rumoured drug abuse and all round ***ery.

Yet you seemed quite keen to get Nasri, who's equally as much of a bellend.

I don't think Nasri has ever spat at a fan of a rival purely because he was a fan of a rival.

That could be Bruma (unlikely as I think that guy on Twitter is talking ***) or Deulofeu, or any number of players across Europe :D

Maybe we'd expected Fischer to have had a more immediate impact or for his game to have improved more quickly given how quickly he was in the door.

Fischer isn't a RW so even if he had of hit the ground running we would still need one

So I'm a little out of the loop here, been trying to read through to catch up but a summary would be nice.

Is Chambers done then or not? Talk of Wilshere now and we can't possibly have both can we?

Also; I agree, the young exciting AM shouldn't be "close run" when we've known we've needed one all summer!

Should never have been a close run thing, we've needed a RW all summer

But it's common knowledge that no-one knows what players' availability is going to be an it depends on incomings. We needed a striker all of last summer, but weren't able to get Nugent til the end of August. IF (big if) it is Deulofeu, we could have been chasing him all summer, but Everton will only let him go if they sign their target. I'm sure we have other irons in the fire, but we'd prefer to get Target #1 at the last minute than Target #7 in the middle of July.

So I'm a little out of the loop here, been trying to read through to catch up but a summary would be nice.

Is Chambers done then or not? Talk of Wilshere now and we can't possibly have both can we?

Also; I agree, the young exciting AM shouldn't be "close run" when we've known we've needed one all summer!

Chambers is having a medical.

I put on a few days ago we've got a £20m bid in for a winger. No clue who or how it's going. Gazette have just put up that we're addressing that area before the deadline.

Couple of links to Wilshere on loan but can only have one loan player from ***nal

Chambers hasn't been confirmed but Sky have done their usual thing of confirming the move before hand resulting in jerky knees and a thread title change.

Medical is today apparently.

Gazette stating deadline day will be busy for us with incomings and outgoings. And that the attacking midfield positions will receive some work.