oneBoro Forum

Summer 2016 Transfer window

I think Barcelona let him go because they got £7 million (?) for a player that was never ever going to make it in their first team.

If he's not good enough for Barca's first team, then he certainly isn't good enough for ours. Sack him off, now.

What about if he's not good enough for Villa's first team?

Villa are a top top club, we're just a poxy little club. It has no reflection on how good he'll be for us.

Seriously though, I have absolutely no idea what he's like. I will say I think it's a factor that no bugger would have wanted to play for Villa last season (you could see that from the 11 they managed to physically push out onto the pitch to get embarrassed every week). But I'm reserving judgement for when I've actually seen him play.

• Replies 18.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

So much going on. Here's my 50 pence worth on it all...

Chambers - anyone notice that on the confirmation article on the official website it calls him a right back and then a quote from AK saying 'it's a position we have been looking to strengthen' so I would assume he'll be our starting right back?

Traore - if this is our only attacking midfield addition and essentially Adomah's replacement I'll be very unhappy. If, however, it is a 'project' and a squad player who has the potential to break into the first team then he could be a good option to have.

Moses - would be a great option in my opinion.

Brady - I'm a massive fan of his. Brilliant technically, hard worker, great cross, skilful, determined. Can also fill in at left back. However, as big of a fan as I am of his, I really hope we aren't paying £20m for him

Deulofeu - this is who I have my heart set on which is not good as I don't think we have a chance in getting him unfortunately. But I now find myself comparing all potential attacking signings to him which isn't good as we aren't going to sign someone at his level.

Clough - don't want

Jerome - don't want

Outgoings:

Adomah - £6m would be very good business for a player of his age. Actually surprised he didn't go sooner this summer.

Carayol - has he gone yet?

Reach - I like him but I would agree £4m is good money for him and we should probably sell at that price.

Rhodes - really hope he stays. Will be very important for us this season in my opinion. Negredo will hit a bad patch or injury at some point and it is essential we have a goal scorer like Rhodes in waiting when the time comes.

De Pena - I'm assuming we can't find any takers because surely he doesn't have a future here.

De Sart - I would guess we would have liked to have got him some first team football this year on loan but due to Leadbitter and De Roon's injuries I think he will have to stay which unfortunately may stall his development slightly.

Baptiste - I imagine will go but wouldn't be surprised if he stayed as our 25th man as cover as we do seem to pick up a lot of defensive injuries.

Dimi/Mejias - surely one will go. At this stage my guess would be a loan for Mejias.

Pretty much the same feelings as mine.

I don't know a lot about Adama, so I'm not going to weigh in. I am dubious of anyone from THAT Villa team though, even if he was purportedly one of their brighter lights.

Ask Everton fans how the purchase of Idrissa Gueye is going.

I don't know a lot about Adama, so I'm not going to weigh in. I am dubious of anyone from THAT Villa team though, even if he was purportedly one of their brighter lights.

Ask Everton fans how the purchase of Idrissa Gueye is going.

Oh yeah, he's been fantastic. I'm sure Lescott and Richards will do okay at their next clubs too (and Guzan :D)...I wasn't saying we shouldn't sign him because he was tainted by Villa, just that for a player I know very little about, the association makes me wary.